New Luxxtone Chopper S Guitar Build

• Thread starter Thread starter luxxtone
  • Start date Start date
L
luxxtone
Here's Prototype #4 built for Tone Merchants. Just a couple pictures I took with my phone before delivering. Olympic White over sunburst nitro, compound radius fretboard, real clay dots, Motor City pickups.

img20110308195724.jpg

img20110308195518.jpg

img20110308195613.jpg

img20110308195537.jpg

img20110309160304.jpg

Sick!! :rock: :rock:

Are your guitars customizable...for example slapping a Floyd on this guitar? Better question, do you build custom guitars?

quinnethan":3km3vdkk said:

Are your guitars customizable...for example slapping a Floyd on this guitar? Better question, do you build custom guitars?

thanks! Yes, no problem putting a Floyd on one of these, that's actually what were building on the next batch. This Chopper Series is all about taking the vintage thing and tricking it out with options never done before.

:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: ....that is beautiful!
What Motor City did you put in the bridge? I'm getting ready to put one in my Strat, and would love your input.

Silverjet":179y95av said:
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: ....that is beautiful!
What Motor City did you put in the bridge? I'm getting ready to put one in my Strat, and would love your input.

This one has the new Black Iron. Which is around 14k with an A2 magnet....I love this pickup. It's like a higher output Blackbelt.

What's the output of the singles? Any problem matching up levels? I just got a 2DBB from you last week and LOVE it!

Silverjet":2e07j6b6 said:
What's the output of the singles? Any problem matching up levels? I just got a 2DBB from you last week and LOVE it!

Cool! The 2nd Degree BB are great, would be a good fit on this guitar too. I'm actually not sure of the output of the singles, but I know it's in the vintage single coil range. No problems matching up at all. Higher output pickups are not actually louder, they just distort and compress the signal more. So many times, a lower output pickups actually sounds a bit louder because of less compression, more note separation and more high end.

luxxtone":1d78r95x said:
quinnethan":1d78r95x said:

thanks! Yes, no problem putting a Floyd on one of these, that's actually what were building on the next batch. This Chopper Series is all about taking the vintage thing and tricking it out with options never done before.

Sitting here watching Motley Crue live on Palladia and Mick has a relic Strat with the Floyd very similar to this one.

Silverjet":1irq8bun said:
Nice! I didn't know that.....Are you guys getting stock soon?

Just called Wade today to re-stock some stuff.....it goes fast! So maybe in a few weeks to a month we'll be getting a bunch more.

quinnethan":2kbgfvei said:
luxxtone":2kbgfvei said:
quinnethan":2kbgfvei said:

Sitting here watching Motley Crue live on Palladia and Mick has a relic Strat with the Floyd very similar to this one.

Funny that you say that, the Mick Mars Strat is the inspiration for the next build. Floyd, HSS, aged and maple neck. This one had a tortoise pickguard on it originally, but the guys at Tone Merchants wanted green. With the tortoise it looked a lot like the Mick Mars, which is what I was kinda going for.

Rezamatix":xxnpl6do said:
SICK!!! I WANT!!! I WANT I WANT!! (with a reverse headstock though) , and a low output humbucker!

Thanks Reza! Hey man, whenever you're ready....I'm here! :thumbsup:

luxxtone":1mzei6af said:
Funny that you say that, the Mick Mars Strat is the inspiration for the next build. Floyd, HSS, aged and maple neck. This one had a tortoise pickguard on it originally, but the guys at Tone Merchants wanted green. With the tortoise it looked a lot like the Mick Mars, which is what I was kinda going for.

+1 for the tortoise pickguard! :rock:

luxxtone":20a68ww9 said:
quinnethan":20a68ww9 said:
luxxtone":20a68ww9 said:
quinnethan":20a68ww9 said:

A little something like this...?

mickmars.jpg

quinnethan":gxfcil52 said:
luxxtone":gxfcil52 said:
luxxtone":gxfcil52 said:

A little something like this...?

mickmars.jpg

That's the one! That thing is awesome. You'll see one very similar in our next round of builds coming up soon.

Back