New Marilyn Manson Track

• Thread starter Thread starter hellzington
  • Start date Start date
hellzington
hellzington
Don't know if any of y'all are MM fans, but IMO the new Manson song is great. Probably his best work since The Pale Emperor (which, if you haven't heard it, answered the question "What if Marilyn Manson made a blues album?") He's sober now, I think, and I love the lyrics. This new track is far more reminiscent of his '90s work, calling back to Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and -- dare I say -- Portrait of an American Family. However, the guitars are not buzzing noise factories; rather, this is a smoother more contemporary production. Lots of great parts and the melody is catchy.

I also caught a cell phone video of his live performance at The Fillmore in DC and he looked and sounded like vintage Manson. I guess that's what sobriety does to a guy in his 50s. (I'm only in my early 40s but I should probably take heed...) I think he might be on the cusp of a renaissance. Exciting time to be a Manson fan.

Curious of y'all's thoughts.

watched this the other day, i dig it. he had a few bangers back in the 90s but ive not paid any attention since, ill check out the new album now though

Awesome sauce 😻. I remember having to lie about what I was doing to go to shows as a teenager. That was good, I like. I agree to check out his "blues" album.

Awesome sauce 😻. I remember having to lie about what I was doing to go to shows as a teenager. That was good, I like. I agree to check out his "blues" album.
The Pale Emperor was the first Manson album I had liked in forever. It was interesting and different and totally worked. Whichever producer came up with that concept should be paid royalties.

Anyways, here's Angel with the Scabbed Wings live from the other night. If you don't think this rocks then you need your head examined. Manson appears to be in his best form in decades.

The Pale Emperor was the first Manson album I had liked in forever. It was interesting and different and totally worked. Whichever producer came up with that concept should be paid royalties.

Anyways, here's Angel with the Scabbed Wings live from the other night. If you don't think this rocks then you need your head examined. Manson appears to be in his best form in decades.

PS - These brutal vocals from the mid 90's can't be easy to replicate at 55...

It's pretty good, reminds me more of the Mechanical Animals era than the real early stuff. I didn't listen much past Mech Animals though, because I loved those first few albums. They had more of a hard rock/punk edge and I attribute that mostly to Daisy Berkowitz's riffs. It's good to see he's lost all the booze bloat and looks much more like himself than he has in years.

NIN was doing the whole blues/jazz thing around that time, too. Some really good stuff live if you haven't checked it out. Antichrist Superstar is my favorite 90s album. Sure there was a lot of good stuff from then, but MM is the last rock star(sex, drugs, and rock'n roll), imo. Shock rock or not.

NIN was doing the whole blues/jazz thing around that time, too. Some really good stuff live if you haven't checked it out. Antichrist Superstar is my favorite 90s album. Sure there was a lot of good stuff from then, but MM is the last rock star(sex, drugs, and rock'n roll), imo. Shock rock or not.
"And All That Could Have Been..." is my favorite live album of all time. Trent Reznor reimagining NIN as a guitar-driven arena rock band was the stuff my 90s wet dreams were made of, and it came true on that album. Absolutely incredible DVD too. What a show.

I saw him at a Halloween show when I was 16 and it was pretty insane. While not a fan of him as a person, I really like his albums up to mechanical animals. Particularly since I am a die hard NIN fan and the production/influence of Trent in that era is amazing. I also am a huge fan of Tyler Bates and his scores so this is cool to hear.

"And All That Could Have Been..." is my favorite live album of all time. Trent Reznor reimagining NIN as a guitar-driven arena rock band was the stuff my 90s wet dreams were made of, and it came true on that album. Absolutely incredible DVD too. What a show.
AATCHB is also my #1. I remember watching it on satellite tv over and over. Rob Sheridan posted this. Hoping to see the whole thing in 4k.

maybe i gotta go back and listen to MM and NIN, i remember listening to the downward spiral back in the day and not being much into it
Reznor did most of the recordings of Downward Spiral at Sharon Tate's home...

1722989745132.jpeg

I don't see Marylin Manson as Antichrist, tbh. If anything, just anti-pc/establishment.
1996 and Irresponsible Hate Anthem sum it up for me. Bad, but who's bad? Up to interpretation, imo.
I don't think he's hellbound.

Heard this the other day...I liked it a lot, sounded pretty dark.

Haven't listened to Marilyn Manson since his first CD in 1993 or whatever. Not something id listen to daily but this was cool

Isn’t the schtick waaaaay over? Decent vocal performance and a snare that actually sounds good. But that’s it. Is it supposed to be scary that he’s in some fake oversized placenta?

Isn’t the schtick waaaaay over? Decent vocal performance and a snare that actually sounds good. But that’s it. Is it supposed to be scary that he’s in some fake oversized placenta?
Yeah, he admitted it was over like twenty years ago. Going back to his roots, perhaps.

Back