New music video that I'm super proud of. Check it out! Splawn /Suhr Content

• Thread starter Thread starter Nitrobattery
  • Start date Start date
We have CD's of the first record and will have physical copies of the new one available October 31st on release day. CD's are $10, or $9 if we sign them :)
Does your band have a website that takes credit cards or just paypal? I sent my PP packing when they started all that political BS and haven't replaced it with anything.

Does your band have a website that takes credit cards or just paypal? I sent my PP packing when they started all that political BS and haven't replaced it with anything.

We're getting all of that set back up now. We were on kind of a hiatus for several years, but we'll have a few options available shortly.

This album has been about ten years in the making, but we just released the first video and are kind of pinching ourselves that this thing is finally done. If you guys are into up-tempo metal with singing, you may dig it.

I used a bunch of guitars and a few amps on this album, but the winning combo that I kept coming back to was my Splawn QuickRod and a few of my Suhr Moderns. This track is a Suhr Modern Antique into the Splawn feeding V30's. The clean stuff was either a Fender Super-Sonic or the clean channel of a PT100.

Killer! Great sound

Well done! Great tones and playing. And thank you for having actual vocals. The cookie monster vocals can kill a good groove for me quickly.

This album has been about ten years in the making, but we just released the first video and are kind of pinching ourselves that this thing is finally done. If you guys are into up-tempo metal with singing, you may dig it.

I used a bunch of guitars and a few amps on this album, but the winning combo that I kept coming back to was my Splawn QuickRod and a few of my Suhr Moderns. This track is a Suhr Modern Antique into the Splawn feeding V30's. The clean stuff was either a Fender Super-Sonic or the clean channel of a PT100.

Excellent!

Thanks so much guys. We drove ourselves crazy trying to get this record to sound the way that we wanted it to, so I won't lie, it's awesome hearing the positive reactions. Means a lot!

The single is now on all streaming platforms. The album comes out the 31st.

Not a fan of long atmospheric intros. By the 30s mark the chorus should be already be popping, however the verse doesn’t even start till almost a minute in, and by about 20s I had already lost interest so I stopped listening when the singing started and turned it off. Killer drumming though. In the world of scrolling TikTok, ya gotta hook and reel in the listener in quickly or people will lose interest. TLDL

Not a fan of long atmospheric intros. By the 30s mark the chorus should be already be popping, however the verse doesn’t even start till almost a minute in, and by about 20s I had already lost interest so I stopped listening when the singing started and turned it off. Killer drumming though. In the world of scrolling TikTok, ya gotta hook and reel in the listener in quickly or people will lose interest. TLDL
There’s so many people like me who like long intros and long songs . You got to remember that . Best album ever is called Colors Part 1 . Look that up

We're not that kind of band and we're not for that kind of listener. We make the music that we want to hear, and welcome anyone who wants to come along on the ride with us. Fortunately though, there's no shortage of bands who follow that get to the hook playbook. There's something for everyone out there.

There’s so many people like me who like long intros and long songs . You got to remember that . Best album ever is called Colors Part 1 . Look that up
I don’t have to remember anything! I’ve even forgotten this song already as there was nothing memorable about it that reached out and grabbed me. As a matter of fact it’s art and it’s all subjective. You like what you like and I’ll like what I like.

We're not that kind of band and we're not for that kind of listener. We make the music that we want to hear, and welcome anyone who wants to come along on the ride with us. Fortunately though, there's no shortage of bands who follow that get to the hook playbook. There's something for everyone out there.
When you say “not that kind of band” you mean good and successful? The old cliche’ - don’t bore us, get to the chorus. I agree that you gotta make the music you want to hear, but ultimately you may be the only one listening.

Last edited:

Back