New VHT CLX Clip (Hard/Classic Rock Song)

• Thread starter Thread starter gibson5413
  • Start date Start date
gibson5413
gibson5413
I just recorded this clip. It took me about 20 minutes to do both rhythm tracks panned hard left and right and the lead down the middle. I winged the lead from memory (sorry about the mistakes!).

Let me know what you think. Personally, this is my favorite lead tone I have ever dialed in on any amp I've owned. There is a touch of reverb on the rhythm tracks and some delay on the lead.

Do you like?

Giles, I am working on a really heavy clip for you (I haven't forgotten about you!)

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23665

Dude....That lead tone was damn good. I could only imagine that it would sound even better with a different cab. I have owned a Gflex cab, and know how hard they are to record.

that sounds awesome man! lead tone is incredible. I would have liked to hear the rhythm guitars more above the backing track. they sound like they're great too, but hard to tell with the bass and kick drum pumping.

Nice job!

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":6597e said:
Dude....That lead tone was damn good. I could only imagine that it would sound even better with a different cab. I have owned a Gflex cab, and know how hard they are to record.

Thanks mang! You're right about the cab. I have a love/hate thing going on with this thing. What I would really like is a Splawn oversized 2x12 or a Bogner oversized 2x12.

>|<>QBB<
vchizzle":0345f said:
that sounds awesome man! lead tone is incredible. I would have liked to hear the rhythm guitars more above the backing track. they sound like they're great too, but hard to tell with the bass and kick drum pumping.

Nice job!

Thanks! I actually really like the lead tone on this one. In fact, the CLX is delivering some of my best lead tones I've ever had.

In retrospective, I probably shouldn't have put classic rock in the title. I think it's scaring potential listeners off. It is actually a newer Satriani song but has a this cool classic rock mojo going on!

>|<>QBB<
gibson5413":bcbaa said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks! I actually really like the lead tone on this one. In fact, the CLX is delivering some of my best lead tones I've ever had.

In retrospective, I probably shouldn't have put classic rock in the title. I think it's scaring potential listeners off. It is actually a newer Satriani song but has a this cool classic rock mojo going on!

haha. yeah, classic rock scares the metal heads :lol:
just kidding, I'll go from Unearth to the Black Crowes sometimes. I like it all....as long as the tone is good! funny, I've bought cd's before just for the guitar tone without really even caring much for the music :D

Great job. I listened to the Satch track right next your clip and it stands up well against the original. And just think, he recorded his in a top notch studio.

This gives props to the G-FLex cab because it sounds nice and warm to me.

And i also do like that Satch CD a lot. It's mellow but he wrote some great tunes on that CD, something Vai hasn't done since Fire Garden IMHO.

Great sounds. Your clips aren't helping my clx gas.

Sounds really nice...I've been toying with the idea of a G-Flex 4x12 since I got my Triple Recto. My single sounded great through 2 G-Flex 2x12's.

>|<>QBB<
vchizzle":9a4f8 said:
>|<>QBB<

haha. yeah, classic rock scares the metal heads :lol:
just kidding, I'll go from Unearth to the Black Crowes sometimes. I like it all....as long as the tone is good! funny, I've bought cd's before just for the guitar tone without really even caring much for the music :D

I have similar tastes where I can go from Nevermore to Dream Theater to Andy Timmons to Larry Carlton to the Black Crowes. Too much good music to pigeon hole yourself to one genre of music.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":64d21 said:
Great job. I listened to the Satch track right next your clip and it stands up well against the original. And just think, he recorded his in a top notch studio.

This gives props to the G-FLex cab because it sounds nice and warm to me.

And i also do like that Satch CD a lot. It's mellow but he wrote some great tunes on that CD, something Vai hasn't done since Fire Garden IMHO.

thanks Dan! I am actually one of the few Satriani fans that like his last few albums (Crystal Planet through Super Colassal ) better than his earlier material. It may not be as cutting edge as the early stuff but I think his playing has matured and I like how the newer stuff has more of a "jam" feel.

I, too, am surprised the G-Flex has been a good match for the CLX so far. I have been contemplating selling it for the past few months but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it.

>|<>QBB<
PeteLaramee":dd562 said:
Great sounds. Your clips aren't helping my clx gas.

Thanks and I'm sorry to be increasing your propensity of GAS!! 8)

>|<>QBB<
drucifer":cf9fa said:
Sounds really nice...I've been toying with the idea of a G-Flex 4x12 since I got my Triple Recto. My single sounded great through 2 G-Flex 2x12's.

Do you just want a bigger sound from the Triple? How does the Triple sound through the 2x12? I've always wanted to try a Single Recto but haven't as of yet.

Thanks for listening!

>|<>QBB<
gibson5413":a7878 said:
>|<>QBB<

Do you just want a bigger sound from the Triple? How does the Triple sound through the 2x12? I've always wanted to try a Single Recto but haven't as of yet.

Thanks for listening!

Nah, it sounds big enough already, but if memory serves me (usually doesn't...lol) I got a flatter response from the G-Flex cabs, which was enjoyable for me at the time. I sold those cabs when I sold my Single, so I'm unable to try the Triple through them. There's a shop not far from here with a G-Flex 4x12...I'm tempted to take the Triple in for an audition.

Great clip man. I'd love to hear it with the rhythm a little louder but the tone and playing was excellent.

>|<>QBB<
generalgrievous":07f56 said:
Great clip man. I'd love to hear it with the rhythm a little louder but the tone and playing was excellent.

Thanks!

I noticed after I mixed it down that the rhythm could have been louder. I will work on it. Good lookin' out!

i found that lead tone Superb
Truely enjoyed the Clip start to End 8)

Back