NGD - 2004 Jackson USA SL2HT Ghost Flames

ultimatemetalguitartones

Couldn't resist - I had to trade my ESP Eclipse for that beauty! Not only does it look cool but it plays amazing! Finally I got a Jackson USA non FR lol (I am a noob I know)
The neck is to die for and the fretboard is phenomenal. So far I like this one much better than all other Jackson USA guitars I had in the past. It comes loaded with the SD Nazgul which sounds awesome even in standard tuning by the way - really articulate and tight.
Some photos and a short clip
339585497_1230464064532527_540282585874257738_n.jpg
338145996_1648214458957143_8878186800721603143_n.jpg
339768306_246334814461968_8013776227427813275_n.jpg

I’m probably in the minority but I actually think the HT neck through Jacksons sound better than the floyd ones and I like floyds, just prefer them on bolt-ons. My SL2H was great but felt kinda dead compared to the US charvels have owned but the HT jackson neck throughs have played always sounded great.
I got one a member on here was selling maybe 3 weeks ago now. It does sound fantastic. I do wish it was easier to find string through KV's that aren't the KV2T.

I got one a member on here was selling maybe 3 weeks ago now. It does sound fantastic. I do wish it was easier to find string through KV's that aren't the KV2T.
Because of the headstock? I played a KV2T back in 2000s that just sounded and played great but the finish was not my thing.

Because of the headstock? I played a KV2T back in 2000s that just sounded and played great but the finish was not my thing.
Headstock (I prefer the 6 inline), 25.5" scale (though I believe the first 12 were made by Mike Shannon to 25.5 instead of 24.75"), and I prefer the bevels on the regular KV body. I have a KV2T right now and I do like it, but not as much as my regular KV2's.

Bolt-ons are always my fave too unless we're talking about a Les Paul type axe or a semihollow

I've never owned a neckthru actually

I’m probably in the minority but I actually think the HT neck through Jacksons sound better than the floyd ones and I like floyds, just prefer them on bolt-ons. My SL2H was great but felt kinda dead compared to the US charvels have owned but the HT jackson neck throughs have played always sounded great.
I Agree 100%. I've always felt that the hardtail guitars sound better than the Floyd Counterparts.

Agreed. SL2H’s tend to often sound dead or dull somehow IME. I like the extra snap of bolt-ons and the more resonant, better tone of those bridges where the strings go through the body vs Floyd or Kahler bridges

Back