NGD Again…….

scottosan

@LPMojoGL tried to talk me out of it. I did the phone a friend thing and was running some Gibson prices through him when I was out and about. While there was many excellent prices to be had, all of my Les Pauls are plain tops. Good enough reasoning, right? And who doesn’t like Vintage Honey Burst? Aside from the $372 price tag, it’s f’ing mint except for the 25th Anniversary EMG81s that were in it. It got huge frets and 8.7lbs non-weight relieved and 1 piece back. It’s also got a long tenon.

2006 Edwards ELP-105

Anyway, I pulled the EMGs, installed new CTS pots a whiskey and an A4 PAF and took some pics

I bought the same exact guitar last November for $595 plus tax. TBH I thought the vintage honey burst looked like crap when I got it but as soon as I played the guitar it grew on me instantly. Mine is a supposed '09 chinese piece of crap model but it has the nicest rosewood board I played since I tried a friend's masterbuilt strat. It's like buttah and it's nice and dark looking too. I have a Seth bridge in the neck position and a Lollar DB in the bridge. It sounds pretty killer and can't beat the price. My couch and blues jam guitar.

Very nice

I think overall, ESP/Edwards makes the best bang for buck Les Paul clones as far as the MIJ brands go.

Really amazing fit and finish.

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Super solid price. I had a E-LP-92SD years ago that was a great guitar. Where'd you find it so cheap? Usually I see these in the $6-800 range.

I still think you should turn this into a side business. Source some Japanese Single Cuts, install tone nerd pickups and tack on an additional couple hundo finders fee.
Shipping, insurance, and adding business overhead, puts me in the same boat as the many brokers already selling these on EBay. That said, the ones listed on eBay are usually the ones that are heavily discounted locally due to wear and tear. The Japanese are critical of wear annd tear and the same model can vary in pricing much more dramatically vs how pricing is done in the states. For example, upgraded pickups results in devaluing the guitar rather than it being a wash or worth more. The reason this was so cheap is due to the aftermarket EMGs. Plus anything over 800 results in a US buyer paying taxes. It’s a buyers market for sure but not huge enough to go through the headache of doing it a job

Back