NGD: Bernie Rico 627 Bolt-On!!

bulb

Hey guys!
Bernie made me this just in time so i could have it for Thrash and Burn 2010 with Periphery!
Here are some pics and a short review/description:
This guitar is AMAZING. If you guys know me, you know im usually into more flashy flame/quilt tops with crazy colors etc, something loud, but at the same time i am just in love with the minimalist nature of this guitar. Its actually a very subtle Pearl White, not flat like it looks in the pics.

This guitar sounds phenomenal, and im realizing now that i really just need to stop being cheap and put Bareknuckles in everything (putting some in my shoes as we speak!). The clarity, warmth and attack i get from this guitar is similar to that of my Blackmachines and the pickups are just so tight, nothing compares.
This time around i decided to try some different ones based of off Nolly's reccomendation which was a Rebell Yell bridge and a VHII neck.
Those paired with the maple neck and mahogany body sound so good that i think that im going to have to get the 7 string version of those pickups for my Rico 7!

It came setup amazingly well, didnt have to adjust anything on it and the intonation is spot on. So it plays pretty damn effortlessly, in some ways very similar to my blackmachine, especially with the super flat ebony board (20 inch radius).

The trem is only there for the sake of the fine tuners and locking nut, its blocked with a tremol-no and i have locking tuners as well on the guitar for quick string changes and so i can leave the nut unlocked if i need to.
And i opted for a single volume and petrucci style switching with the mini switch (inside coils on middle position)

Aaaand thats about it! Here are some pics:
IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

SICK :rock: That looks great man. I'm looking into Bare Knuckles right now. Offered a Nailbomb in a trade. Not sure if it's for me yet or not. Check out my thread about it if you have a chance.

Looks awesome, love the finish. Big fan of Snow/Pearl White!

Back