NGD! Charvel Custom Shop Fraser Skulls!

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Chubtone":17q2d1s4 said:
Looks cool Steve!
Finally got one, dude! And brand. spankin' new!

I have to admit, my wife is so pissed at me right now... Oh well... :lol: :LOL:

Steve

ratter":36pspfkm said:
HNGD. I swear that carpet has had more guitars on it than most store walls! :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:
True and I still have a lot of them, although there is always a bit of rotation out and in the door... :lol: :LOL:

Steve

Very cool looking guitar, Steve. Skulls never go out if style! Congrats!

Awesome guitar...would look great in the hands of that guy on the right in your avatar (the other dude, not so much ;) )

rupe":3cwd8wtd said:
Awesome guitar...would look great in the hands of that guy on the right in your avatar (the other dude, not so much ;) )
:lol: :LOL: Whaddaya gonna do, man - the ravages of time and all, ya know... :thumbsup:

Steve

sah5150":2ui6d41e said:
rupe":2ui6d41e said:
:lol: :LOL: Whaddaya gonna do, man - the ravages of time and all, ya know... :thumbsup:

Steve
All too well :cry:

sah5150":31fj6kwk said:
rokker":31fj6kwk said:
What's a guitar like that go for...that is beyond kick ass.
I love it based on looks alone.
I paid $3867 and this one was brand new, but when this run went on sale, I believe people paid a lot more for them. There is a similar new design Fraser Skull Steampunk on eBay for nearly $6K.

The story is that this particular guitar in the pics here is #1 of a run of 10 guitars. You can see the circled "1" in one of the skulls on the front of the guitar. This one was finished in 2005 and the run was sold in 2006. Somehow, the case with this guitar was misplaced at the factory and was just found a few weeks ago. Rainbow Guitars bought it from Charvel, I did Buy It Now as soon as I saw it and the rest, as they say, is history.

I have to give Rainbow Guitars credit. This is the first guitar I've gotten shipped to me in a long time that didn't require a setup - played great out of the case. Duncan Custom sounds great in this guitar...

Steve
Steve awesome Charvel. I have lived in Arizona since 1997 including 1 year in Tuscon back in '97-'98.Rainbow Guitars they are just the best for all things, including vintage, owner Harvey Moltz has a world renowned collection of Marshall's and other notable British amps and some killer vintage guitars.
Last Febuary I had a temporary assignment in nursing back in Tuscon again, (I live in Phoenix) I had the pleasure to meet Scott Riedle who I had some intense Charvel discussions with.
I showed him the Steve Stevens Glow and the two Gary Moore 1986 Superstrats which he had not ever seen before. He told me he could order pretty much whatever he wanted such was Rainbow's clout and reputation. Plus he was the nicest music store salesman I have ever dealt with.
When I was there for example they had a DeMartini on the wall, something you would never see in Phoenix.
Scott set me up with the Kemper they had just got in and let me have a blast with it.
Rainbow Guitars no offense to other Charvel/Jackson dealers, are absolutely superb. They are also Fender Diamond dealers and Gibson Custom Shop, ect.
Your axe is absolutely killer and confirmed for me that Charvel for all the criticism they may get on wait times, still absolutely rule, love your guitar and it's graphic/pick guard!!
Say hello to Scott for me, tell him it's Dave the nurse who was telling him about my '87 Hamer Chapparal Custom with the Ice Pearl Snake skin graphic that I never got to show him!!
I have been in guitar stores all over the world and Rainbow are absolutely the best!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :D :D
Awesome guitar!!
Here is Scott's bio from the Rainbow web site, I even got to play the custom Strat ordered by Harvey Moltz that replicated a guitar he owned many years ago.They have the best equipment in stock and pieces you would never see outside of maybe NY or LA, in fact they are on their own level. Sorry for all the Rainbow promo, but they really are the best to deal with and Scott is down for ordering cool custom Charvels all day!!

Scott Riedle
Salesperson89_zps78fb2013.jpg

Guitars

Read My Reviews
Contact

Years at Rainbow: 2
Weekly work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday

About Scott:
Scott’s musical business career started right here at Rainbow Guitars in 1991. Hired as a cashier, he quickly moved up to Guitar Dept Manager where he honed his “Customer Service” skills. With a strong belief in providing product knowledge and excellent customer service, Scott is able to help any customer find the right product to best fit their needs. In 1998, Scott moved to Los Angeles where he worked for Marshall Electronics and eventually became the National Sales Manager for two of their divisions - Mogami Cable and MXL Microphones. During his stay at Marshall Electronics, he created and launched a unique rack-mounted 3 panel LCD display for the DJ/VJ market. Later, he went on to PRS Cables, where he was hired as the National Sales Manager. While at PRS Cables, Scott invented the very first “Guitar to iPhone” interface cable called the PRS GuitarBud.

According to Scott, “Working in Los Angeles was a great experience, I learned a lot about manufacturing and marketing and got to utilize and hone those skills daily. I also got to travel all over the US and Europe on business trips and trade shows. But, in all my travels, I’ve never seen a music store with such a great selection of instruments as Rainbow Guitars. Even when I lived in LA, I still bought my gear from Rainbow!”

Musically, Scott has played in bands and recorded CDs as a guitarist, a keyboardist, and as a bass player. Some of his performance highlights include playing at SXSW, Universal Amphitheater Hollywood, the Roxy in LA, and performing live on LATV in Los Angeles. While in L.A., Scott also moonlighted as a studio musician. “Being a studio musician, in such a competitive city as L.A., was a great culminating experience. You bring all your musical styles, songwriting skills, and chops to the table, and then get one or two chances to lay down the perfect track on a tune you’ve just heard for the first time. If you have one bad session, you won’t get re-hired… So it really keeps you on your toes!” Scott explains.

Scott’s guitar and bass playing can be heard on the following…

The film 2 Fast 2 Furious
The videogame True Crime: Streets of LA
The soundtrack to True Crime: Streets of LA featuring Snoop Dogg, Ice
Cube, and Warren G
Fox Sports
Speed Channel
E! True Hollywood stories of Jennifer Aniston, Charlie Sheen, and Amy
Winehouse
Sports Center
ESPN
X Games coverage

In 2010, Scott returned to Tucson where he now raises his family in the beautiful desert of southern Arizona. Returning to Rainbow Guitars he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our customers. “It’s great to be back at Rainbow Guitars, where I have the freedom to hand-select and offer the finest guitars to my customers” Scott exclaims. “Let me help you find your next killer axe!”

Atomic Playboy

...there's more history to this charvel than it being new from rainbow.

i used to own this specific one back in '07, among others. have the history / communication on it, info, receipt, tag, pics, etc. bought it then (from the authorized dealer who had it originally) sent it back - was returned / refunded.

resold to rainbow years later via fmic or picked up sideways via the first dealer, recently for resale once again (via rainbow) as new.

steve, emailed you some additional background info on it, can contact me for more info.

glory":2f79ppxn said:
...there's more history to this charvel than it being new from rainbow.

i used to own this specific one back in '07, among others. have the history / communication on it, info, receipt, tag, pics, etc. bought it then (from the authorized dealer who had it originally) sent it back - was returned / refunded.

resold to rainbow years later via fmic or picked up sideways via the first dealer, recently for resale once again (via rainbow) as new.

steve, emailed you some additional background info on it, can contact me for more info.
Well... I just repeated the story as told to me by Rainbow. Frankly, I can't tell it from a new guitar. It looks great, plays great sounds great... Either way, I'm satisfied regardless of the story I was given...

Steve

That is really unique! Well done and congrats! A keeper for sure!

:)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk! I've resisted opening this thread for so long...and now just couldn't help myself.

:inlove: :inlove:

Looks so bloody good Steve. Congrats!

Well now... a bit of an update...

It appears that a previous poster is correct and that this guitar was not new, but was owned by him and also, was returned due to issues...

On closer inspection, I find that the neck angle is off by about 1/16" (the strings get closer to the edge of the fretboard on the treble side as you move up to the higher frets and get further away on the bass side). This doesn't appear to affect tuning or playability, but it's definitely visible and is a clear defect... also there are some big "dots/blotches" in the metallic black paint, but that doesn't really bother me.

Scott from Rainbow just emailed and said when he read this thread that he was sickened because this was not the info he got from FMIC. One way or another I was sold an untrue story...

To say that I feel taken advantage of here is an understatement. No way I should have paid this much for a used guitar that is a second to boot. I don't want to return it because I really dig it even with the flaws, but there is no way I should have paid $3867 for it...

I wrote back to Scot expressing this and I'm waiting to get more info from the original owner who has documented the issues, has the original receipt, hang tag, pictures and correspondence with the original dealer and Charvel...

Man do I feel stupid...

Anyway... please let's not speculate in this thread about who is to blame here or denigrate anyone. Scott at Rainbow and I are in contact and will speak later today. I will update everyone (who cares anyway... :) ) as this situation develops...

Steve

sah5150":lsi20kya said:

It appears that a previous poster is correct and that this guitar was not new, but was owned by him and also, was returned due to issues...

On closer inspection, I find that the neck angle is off by about 1/16" (the strings get closer to the edge of the fretboard on the treble side as you move up to the higher frets and get further away on the bass side). This doesn't appear to affect tuning or playability, but it's definitely visible and is a clear defect... also there are some big "dots/blotches" in the metallic black paint, but that doesn't really bother me.

Scott from Rainbow just emailed and said when he read this thread that he was sickened because this was not the info he got from FMIC. One way or another I was sold an untrue story...

To say that I feel taken advantage of here is an understatement. No way I should have paid this much for a used guitar that is a second to boot. I don't want to return it because I really dig it even with the flaws, but there is no way I should have paid $3867 for it...

I wrote back to Scot expressing this and I'm waiting to get more info from the original owner who has documented the issues, has the original receipt, hang tag, pictures and correspondence with the original dealer and Charvel...

Man do I feel stupid...

Anyway... please let's not speculate in this thread about who is to blame here or denigrate anyone. Scott at Rainbow and I are in contact and will speak later today. I will update everyone (who cares anyway... :) ) as this situation develops...

Steve
WOW,I feel for you brotha but that is still a sick looking guitar but ............it would go back :aww:

jmgman69":29x5xume said:
sah5150":29x5xume said:

Man do I feel stupid...

Steve
WOW,I feel for you brotha but that is still a sick looking guitar but ............it would go back :aww:
Yeah, I know what you're saying... I need to talk to Scott... so disappointing...

Steve

Back