NGD: Daemoness Cimmerian 7 String (Blue Fade/Bulb Inlay)

bulb

I have had this guitar's progress documented in a build thread, and now it can finally upgrade to its own NGD thread because it is finito!
It has been so exciting watching the different parts of this guitar come to life.

Watching Dylan absolutely NAIL the color and fade i asked for, and his interpretation of a shattering bulb inlay (which i believe was Nolly's suggestion!) absolutely blows me away.
Dylan is one of the most depressingly talented artists i have ever been fortunate enough to meet, and an absolute pleasure to work with, so i can't recommend working with him enough!

The one catch is that Nolly will be arriving here on Monday with the guitar, so i haven't played it yet, but as soon as i get it, i will update with a review and some pictures as well! Nolly says it is an incredible instrument however, so i have no doubts that i will love it dearly.

Specs are:
Korina Body
Bolt On Hard Rock Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
White Binding on Neck and Headstock
Luminlay side dots with Black Binding around them
Custom "Shattering Bulb" inlay and Offset Dots
Quilt Maple top in White to Blue fade.
BKP Aftermath 7 set
Hipshot Bridge
1 Vol/No Tone
3 Way Petrucci style switch wired with split inner coils in the middle position.

Anyways on to the pics that Dylan sent me of the completed instrument:
IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

And here are some pics of the "Shattering Bulb" inlay.
IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Anyways, im so stoked for this guitar! Cant wait to get some clips/videos of this up and running for ya!

Stunning guitar! I know you'll put it to good use!

Steve

Thanks guys! Yeah Dylan does hands down the most mindblowing inlay work i have ever seen. He ran with the basic concept of the shattering bulb and did it all himself, i didnt even ask to see the design because i knew he would make it amazing haha. He is just a brilliant artist like that! I cant recommend working with him enough!

Pics don't work but I followed the build on ss.org and the progress shots were killer so I am sure the guitar is great. Dylan's inlay work is among the best I have ever seen. Up there with Ken Lawrence.

Back