NGD: EBMM Flamed Koa BFR 7 w/Rosewood Neck

bulb

So im really excited about this guitar, i just got back from a long weekend vacation in Key West to find this guitar waiting for me!
I had EBMM build me a rather unique guitar (as far as i know this is the only one like this!)
I wanted a 7 that had a similar approach to the woods as my Blackmachine B2 (since that is my best sounding 6 string for recording) but with the JP7 build (since my JP7 is my best sounding 7 for recording).

So i had them take a BFR 7 and put a Flamed Koa top with a Rosewood Veneer (ala Cherry Burst) but over an Island Burst finish so the Veneer would be visible.
This would be on top of the Alder body with the Mahogany tone block, and finally to round it off, a Rosewood neck.
Finished off with Gold Hardware and the classic Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire combo.

Anyways enough talk, here is the result, i tried to capture it as best as i could in the pictures, but honestly as with my Blackmachine B2, the pictures just dont do it justice, it is just so beautiful to me in such a unique and classy kind of way.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

And as a little added bonus to this thread. Another NGD that sort of ties into this one. I had not too long ago a regular red BFR 7 with a Rosewood neck that i ended up trading (because i knew i had this one on the way) for a deal i just couldnt pass up.

My buddy Matt has been really ill as of late and has had the hospital bills piling up, which is the only reason he even thought about selling this rare guitar of his, but i ended up with his Oni Fanned Fret Carbon Fiber 7 string. And boy is that guitar just incredible and unique in every way. I knew i wanted one the second i played it, and im very proud to be able to have it as part of my arsenal. Here are pics of that if you havent seen it already: (this is a very difficult guitar to capture, its so reflective its almost like taking a picture of a mirror, but i tried my best!)
IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

How much did that custom order set you back if you dont mind me asking?

Also, I forgot to ask... does that 2nd toggle switch control splitting the pickups between humbucker and single coil? What is its function?

pfapin05":dmnp1hwq said:
Also, I forgot to ask... does that 2nd toggle switch control splitting the pickups between humbucker and single coil? What is its function?

Top switch toggles between the piezo, piezo + magnet or magnetic. Bottom toggle switches the pickups (neck, inner coils split, bridge). I believe it also has a push/pull on the one tone pot to allow for the middle position to be both pickups at the same time instead of just the inner coils split.

Ok guys, here is a short little tone test of the guitar, pardon the shitty riffs, they arent anything worth thinking twice about, but the uniquely deep and low timbre of this guitar (thanks largely to that rosewood neck) made me want to do a clip that would really showcase the hugeness of the guitar!
https://soundclick.com/share?songid=9723916

Beautiful and sounds nice from what I can tell. So what do you hear differently tone wise from that sweet red BFR you just parted with compared to this beast?

Jim

Back