NGD (Suhr Modern)!

• Thread starter Thread starter Crunchity
  • Start date Start date
Crunchity
Crunchity
This week I became a first time, and most likely single Suhr guitar owner (the only way I could afford another Suhr would be if I sold this one lol)...so I made it count as it's exactly what I was looking for. I wish I had a better/real camera, in person this "bengal burst" color is really more brown/bronze (ish), the camera seems to bring out the red/yellow way more than the naked eye see's, kinda weird. I would've tossed up more detailed shots as well. This being my first ever playing of a Suhr I can honestly say you are not merely paying for the name, it is truly a fine ass instrument, in feel, playability, tone, etc...and they've always had sexy lines IMO as well. It's a late 2012 modern pro M7 in NOS, came with all the case goodies, etc, previous sole owner has two other moderns and this was the only non floyd model, guess he simply prefers the others, said he seldom took this out of the case and it looks that way, not a mark on it.

Updated group...

Specs...

Awesome color and top. Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Wow, that looks fantastic...great flame! I've always loved the Modern shape, great guitars. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Phenomenal looking axe . I must agree with Tone Zone , the slightly different shape of the Modern is cool . Bet she plays like butta .

I am a huge fan of the Suhr Modern, congrats man on a great score!

nice guit man!! what guitar plays the best/easiest out of all of those?

Suhr modern is my favorite guitar ever made. love the neck profile on the moderns!

Thank you brothers!! I was able to borrow a really sweet camera from a friends wife (she's a pro)...now if I can figure out how to use it I hope to grab some worthy pics. Hope to make a clip soon as well.

Thanks for the input again, yzl, especially regarding the trem - and you were right, she stays in tune great, no problemo, I even set it up floating. :)

@ mooncobra, that's a tuff (or loaded lol) question! There's a reason I luv the Super Strat guitar, I'm a pretty small dude at 5' 10" and 140#, and worse than that, the older I get the more I suffer from hand stiffness when playing, so these smaller neck types help big time. The wizard necks on those two Prestige models are probably the easiest, but believe it or not, there's still something really unexplainable and special about that old '83 Kramer neck! The notes damn near play themselves and leap off the board. The backside of the Suhr neck is insanely smooth, reminds me of the Charvel Custom Shop stuff, if not smoother.

^^ Soon! I recently moved into a new house, I only have so much extra time for fun stuff...today was a painting day for example, puke lol.

Can anyone explain what the numbers mean? I'm guessing "M" = modern but what in the devil is the '7' for?

Back