NGD: The RAN Crusher 8 arrived today! (Soundclip/Pics)

• Thread starter Thread starter bulb
  • Start date Start date
B
bulb
The RAN arrived today.
I am honestly amazed with the build quality on this instrument, it is really top notch work.

Preliminary thoughts:
This 8 probably has the clearest low end I have encountered thus far, and it does so without sounding tinny or harsh in the higher range.
It is a pleasure to play and actually arrived well setup and in tune from Poland, go figure! Really loving this guitar thus far, the tone is really balanced across the fretboard. One of the things I look for in an 8 is the ability for it to sound "normal" or "natural" if only playing in the 6 and 7 string range, and this guitar excels at that. Some 8's sound kinda weird when used in that range, and are therefore not incredibly versatile.

I decided to record a clip of the guitar for a quick tone test here, and they feature the pics from below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArQO7X_U ... e=youtu.be

Anyways here are pics:
bKZ4x.jpg

DcrpK.jpg

geB3X.jpg

p6Iko.jpg

sw7L8.jpg

Z5Tr7.jpg

KCNSR.jpg

mCZ2o.jpg

Here are specs:
Ran Crusher 8 Body
Basswood Wings
Burl Maple Top
Maple Neck Thru
Ebony Fretboard
Stainless Steel Frets
BKP Aftermath 8 Set
Kahler 8 String Bridge
Hipshot Locking Tuners
Dunlop Dual Design Pins
Luminlay Side Dots

Killer looking axe! Does that Kahler stay in tune? I always liked how they felt under the hand and their use, but the tuning instability horror stories has always kept me at bay.

Qweklain":2udvs6rs said:
Killer looking axe! Does that Kahler stay in tune? I always liked how they felt under the hand and their use, but the tuning instability horror stories has always kept me at bay.

Honestly, with this being my first Kahler equipped guitar I didn't know what to expect and was ready to be harsh on it if need be, but so far not only is the stability perfect, but it feels a lot more substantial and better constructed than a floyd. VERY impressed!

Sweet axe... are you going to be using it alot on your upcoming recordings?

Indeed I will, this is one of the best sounding 8's I have played thus far, so it will definitely be featured on future recordings that require an 8 string!

Nice one !

Do you have more info about how it was built, did Ran keep a contact with you (like sending pictures), how long did it take, etc ? I'm eyeing on them...

Thor1777":1cb003w9 said:
awesome looking, I hear great things about Ran
Too much people heard of them unfortunately, the prices almost doubled since I first heard of them :doh:

Riffs in video awesome, riffs on album not awesome. Guitar has too many strings.

Back