NGD x 2

• Thread starter Thread starter homespun
  • Start date Start date
homespun
homespun
I’ve been trying to trade my Mesa Mark Five:35 for a while now. I liked it, it’s a fantastic amp, I’m just a Marshall guy.

Some guy on Craigslist sent a list of things he’d be willing to trade. So I picked these two and he agreed.
IMG_0288.jpeg

I hate driving but I drove an hour each way to do the deal and I must say I’m very pleased.

The Fender is an American Standard (I think). The serial number says N5 so that should be 1995 but there’s a 50 year sticker that says 1996 on it. So it’s probably a late 95 or early 96.

The Ibanez is a 2018 Prestige RG655-GK. Still has the plastic on the spring cover plate on the back. The action is insanely low with no buzz. I may have to raise it. Sounds blasphemous though.

Both are in great shape. I’m stoked.

Last edited:
Nice! I’ve been thinking my next guitar should be a strat pretty much exactly like that one.

Cool man, always great when a trade works out for both.

I got the Strat cleaned and stringed. I set the bridge to float a little bit. I’ve never used the bar on a Strat before but this one is really stable. I’m not sure if I’m going to change the pickups or not. They’re decent.

I am not looking forward to setting up the Floyd on the Ibanez. I’m thinking of paying someone to do it.
IMG_0305.jpeg

Back