NICE ! henning

• Thread starter Thread starter jerrydyer
  • Start date Start date
I saw a Henning Amplification add while watching a animation video yesterday. I'm sure it was choosing adds based on my online activity, but never the less, there was Henning Amplification add. Very cool

Never heard of Henning but after reading about the amp off the site sounds like something right up my alley. Then I looked at the price. Sorry, the resale value alone on that amp I am guessing is a $1500 lost. The used amp market is terrible right now. I bet the amp is awesome but for that price, I won't even try.

rp108":30dmzgkf said:
Sorry, the resale value alone on that amp I am guessing is a $1500 lost.

Resale value will not be a problem, because tone chasers will not want to let it go, once they have one.

It is merely an initial investment, and then you are done. :lol: :LOL: :D :lol: :LOL:

rp108":17auoy5c said:
Never heard of Henning but after reading about the amp off the site sounds like something right up my alley. Then I looked at the price. Sorry, the resale value alone on that amp I am guessing is a $1500 lost. The used amp market is terrible right now. I bet the amp is awesome but for that price, I won't even try.

Steve is one of the guys here on the forum. Also a friend of mine. I cant afford his amp either but it kicked ass at the show. :rock:

Don't get me wrong, I am sure the amp is tits. Just saying for that price, it's one hell of a risk if I didn't like it.

rp108":1yy1rd4q said:
I just don't get the obsession (you are not alone by any means) with resale. If you plan on using it, who cares? I say this under the assumption that a person has had an opportunity to try one out and come to the conclusion that it's "THE" amp for them...I would never drop that kind of money on something to merely try it out.

rupe":1k9gb2jx said:
rp108":1k9gb2jx said:
I just don't get the obsession (you are not alone by any means) with resale. If you plan on using it, who cares? I say this under the assumption that a person has had an opportunity to try one out and come to the conclusion that it's "THE" amp for them...I would never drop that kind of money on something to merely try it out.

That's exactly it, although I wouldn't call it an obsession, at least for me. Most people can't try these amps and as we all know when GAS kicks in, we do what we can to gather up the cash (or in some cases increase the credit card balance), selling off shit, etc, you get the amp home and realize it isn't the amp you wanted after all. Of course, the natural response is to want to sell it but as many have realized that the used amp market is terrible right now and it doesn't help when you are selling an amp, that quite frankly, people have very little knowledge of it's existence.

I agree if someone tries an amp and likes it, there is no need to be concerned about resale value other than the fact that you may not have been able to afford the purchase it in the first place.

Congrats Steve!

I'm seeing Henning Amplification ads quite a bit too. I'm even seeing them on the top of the Rig Talk page right now as I am typing.

I can relate to resale loss on things I just pick up to try. I get it. I offer 60-65% of the current new price for things in nearly new condition as a rule.

With the Henning amp, he has said he will let you buy with a return in a specifies amount of time in new condition.

But.... Some things I buy new and intend to keep. I just bought a new Rhodes Gemini. It was a few bucks. The Henning amp would be the same thing. A stellar amp in the particular genre.

Congrats Steve! I admire your business model of selling out of stock and not asking people to wait months or even years to get an amp.

Heritage Softail":npreu8me said:
I admire your business model of selling out of stock and not asking people to wait months or even years to get an amp.

^^That is indeed a plus.

I'm curious to know if you plan to now or sometime in the future, sell through dealers? I know the pickings for smaller, independant dealers is slim but not being able to test drive one has got to be tough for the smaller, independant amp builders...

Thanks guys! Finally starting to get into some advertising...

We're also in the print version of the magazine this month in a small ad:

pg_ad.jpg

Steve

Stramm8":3nxypjrc said:
Heritage Softail":3nxypjrc said:
I admire your business model of selling out of stock and not asking people to wait months or even years to get an amp.

^^That is indeed a plus.

I'm curious to know if you plan to now or sometime in the future, sell through dealers? I know the pickings for smaller, independant dealers is slim but not being able to test drive one has got to be tough for the smaller, independant amp builders...
At this point I have no plan to sell through dealers as I am trying to keep production low. I want to do this on my terms. I know people would like to try before they buy and that is why I offer a return policy. You get to trial the amp for 7 days and if it isn't for you, you can return in original condition for a small re-stocking fee. You pay shipping. If the amp is really something you want, it would be a small price to pay to try it...

Steve

sah5150":2bg5jn99 said:
Stramm8":2bg5jn99 said:
Heritage Softail":2bg5jn99 said:

^^That is indeed a plus.

At this point I have no plan to sell through dealers as I am trying to keep production low. I want to do this on my terms. I know people would like to try before they buy and that is why I offer a return policy. You get to trial the amp for 7 days and if it isn't for you, you can return in original condition for a small re-stocking fee. You pay shipping. If the amp is really something you want, it would be a small price to pay to try it...

Steve

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

Folks interested in my amp might want to check the Classifieds as well...

Steve

Back