NMD… anyone like motorcycles?

JerEvil

Hopefully this counts as a proper “off topic”.

The wife and I were both on Indian Scout’s. She’s been hankering (I have too) for something bigger for longer travel.

Got her this 2021 Springfield with only 27 miles on it for a killer deal. Had to order a new quick release windshield for it and next some slip on’s.

Who else here rides and what are you on?

Attachments

• IMG_5133.jpeg
    IMG_5133.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5128.jpeg
    IMG_5128.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 28
NIce bikes OP.

I got a new bike the other day. It's another basket case of parts so now I have two projects over here. A 76 FLH and now a '-05 sportster. I had actually sold the FLH back to the guy who sold it to me to pay some debts so he comes to pick it up and asks me if I am interested in a sportster project bike. I say sure and he dumps the bike off and says "welp, don't feel like hauling anything now and I don't have room for another bike so I guess I'll get it later"

The shovel is missing the powerplant and pretty much every other part except the forks and transmission.Money has been too tight so I sold it back to him. I might re-buy t back from him later on if money allows. The sportster is missing the back wheel, the tank, and a bunch of small nuts and bolts but has the motor, fender, oil bag etc etc. I've been meaning to put something on the road for a while now and have been doing side work on other people's HD's so if I can get the stupid motor back in the rubber mount frame I'll see if I have something that at least runs. Or I'll have a nice parts bike as spares for another sportster.

I think he has 15 or 20 bikes so what do you do once you have projects overflowing 3 different storage units?

NIce bikes OP.

I got a new bike the other day. It's another basket case of parts so now I have two projects over here. A 76 FLH and now a '-05 sportster. I had actually sold the FLH back to the guy who sold it to me to pay some debts so he comes to pick it up and asks me if I am interested in a sportster project bike. I say sure and he dumps the bike off and says "welp, don't feel like hauling anything now and I don't have room for another bike so I guess I'll get it later"

The shovel is missing the powerplant and pretty much every other part except the forks and transmission.Money has been too tight so I sold it back to him. I might re-buy t back from him later on if money allows. The sportster is missing the back wheel, the tank, and a bunch of small nuts and bolts but has the motor, fender, oil bag etc etc. I've been meaning to put something on the road for a while now and have been doing side work on other people's HD's so if I can get the stupid motor back in the rubber mount frame I'll see if I have something that at least runs. Or I'll have a nice parts bike as spares for another sportster.

I think he has 15 or 20 bikes so what do you do once you have projects overflowing 3 different storage units?
Man I wish I was actually mechanically inclined. I started a YouTube channel a while back called Metal & Motorcycles where I show how a dipshit does basic upgrades.

A project bike or car would be rad.

Man I wish I was actually mechanically inclined. I started a YouTube channel a while back called Metal & Motorcycles where I show how a dipshit does basic upgrades.

A project bike or car would be rad.
I wouldn't say I"m a mechanic but someone got me started on bikes so unless it's a complete engine teardown I don't find it too big of a deal. My first bike was an XS650 cause they were cheap and available. Now the evo sportster is the same money so if you can find a basket case to work with there's a statr. Something someone parked against someone's garage for a couple too many winters is the best kind cause it's plugs, carb clean, some new tires and away you go. So many people neglect them and then they don't start in the spring. Lotta cheap bikes can be had that way.

Back