Noise reduction rack gear - ISP or Rocktron

• Thread starter Thread starter Econ
  • Start date Start date
I found the ProRackG to react more naturally, and it had less tone suck than my old HUSH-equipped units. I've since moved on to the style of circuit that Santiago Alvarez popularized in the 2203KK model, but if I had to get a rack unit that wasn't an AxeFx, it would be the ProRackG.

I use an old super c.
I only use the gate side not the hush part. Works great but I am not running a bunch of boost, just usually an eq.

I found the ProRackG to react more naturally, and it had less tone suck than my old HUSH-equipped units. I've since moved on to the style of circuit that Santiago Alvarez popularized in the 2203KK model, but if I had to get a rack unit that wasn't an AxeFx, it would be the ProRackG.
Tell me more

I had a prorack G with the stereo mod. It sucks low end bass from your tone. So if you like the pants leg shaking type of feel of an amp it will dampen that feel a lot. You’ll still have bass but it won’t be cabinet shaking so to speak. I eventually sold it.

Now I prefer to run two noise gates set differently - one in the front and one in the loop. I just made a thread about it or there was a recent thread about it.

My ISP Theta Pro DSP Michael Sweet Preamp and Effects has the ISP Decimator noise reduction and works well.

The founder of ISP Technologies was an engineer at Rocktron; so I would expect the ISP to be a continuation / improvement over the Rocktron

Of the two, I liked the ISP better. That said, I racked the few pedals I do use, and ended up with a Zuul instead, which I like better than any of them. So that's my preferred rackmount noise reduction option.

If you are speaking of the Gate in the KK. It was copied by Fortin for the Zuul & a Bunch of other companies as well.
I am aware of the history of that. I was just wondering which he chose. There are a few of those companies that did the "key" type

My ISP Theta Pro DSP Michael Sweet Preamp and Effects has the ISP Decimator noise reduction and works well.

The founder of ISP Technologies was an engineer at Rocktron; so I would expect the ISP to be a continuation / improvement over the Rocktron
Yeah he was. He was also the designer of the Rocktron Guitar Silencer Rackmount that Dime Used.

I am aware of the history of that. I was just wondering which he chose. There are a few of those companies that did the "key" type
I found it to be faster and more immediate with less tone alteration than the ISP. The ability for the gate to key off of the input and cut noise via the loop is a big advantage for death metal-style riffs that I usually play. That said, there still seems to be some slight alteration with those THAT4301 and similar gates, but it's much more subtle than what the ISP did.

For my rack, I actually moved to an AxeFx III for everything, and the gate on that is probably better than the THAT4301 variants from my experience. I actually wish ISP would revisit their ProRackG and update it a bit.

I found it to be faster and more immediate with less tone alteration than the ISP. The ability for the gate to key off of the input and cut noise via the loop is a big advantage for death metal-style riffs that I usually play. That said, there still seems to be some slight alteration with those THAT4301 and similar gates, but it's much more subtle than what the ISP did.

For my rack, I actually moved to an AxeFx III for everything, and the gate on that is probably better than the THAT4301 variants from my experience. I actually wish ISP would revisit their ProRackG and update it a bit.
I was thinking they did with the pedal. But i know nothing about actual people user reviews. And it is $450 or so, which is more than i want to try.

I used zuuls and a highwind. Now i just dont use a gate, but i am following the technology

Back