NPBD! x2

• Thread starter Thread starter GuitarGuy08
  • Start date Start date
GuitarGuy08
GuitarGuy08
Hello RT,

That's right, it's..... NEW PEDAL BOARD DAY!!!

My dear friend built a custom pedal board for me and I am already in love with it. I did not expect this in any way but he was kind enough to build a small board for my nephew Next thing I know, he then makes quite a few measurements of my existing board/gear. All of my pedals and my power supply - even where the plug comes out of the supply. The end result is literally perfect. Light, sturdy, a gorgeous color. It fits what I want on there perfectly, with a little wiggle room ;)

This thing is so damn smooth!!! The entire top surface is usable space. The distance between the boards for cabling is perfect, and so are the side access routes. The true 3 tiered approach gives everything enough space to breathe and is easily organized. It looks more 'squeezed' in the picture than in person. There is space on the 1st and 3rd tier for another pedal, if I chose. The 2203 is just on there for filler for spacing things out for now. Thinking I may throw a Griffin Analog 6 knob EQ in the loop section up top, swap a pedal or 2 out in the preamp section, and call it done. This thing is sick.

Griffin Analog pedals were used to measure the board width for tiers 1 & 2 and then the TimeLine for tier 3. The board could handle 1 more GA sized pedal on tiers 1 & 3 if I wanted.

Debating on whether I will put a top handle on it or just carry it by the sides. I ran out of Dual lock, but I put a bit on there to mount the Zuma+Ojai and run it last night for a bit. Lots of colors on the tonal palette.

Something else to note is that you do not have to pick up the board to get your hands underneath for quick and easy cable changes and routing. What a magnificent board this is. A ton of photos to come. Again, nothing is quite stuck in place but I HAD to use it.

@Silverback7 I cannot thank you enough for this build my friend!!!

My board measurements are approximately:

22.65" x 16.5" - All usable space.

4.5" tall that slopes to 2.75"

Nephew's board:

14" x 10.5"

3.5" slope to 2.5"
IMG_20240804_012615686.jpg
IMG_20240805_093945250.jpg
IMG_20240805_093901497.jpg
IMG_20240805_093845738.jpg
IMG_20240804_102837436.jpg
IMG_20240804_102830291.jpg
IMG_20240804_102812804.jpg

Last edited:
Much appreciated! They have taken quite some time to acquire.
No doubt! The strymon stuff is killer. Nice Chorus you have there. I have looked at those from time to time, I would imagine it's pretty thorough tone wise. I had the Orbit Flanger for a white and you can pretty much do any flange tone you want, plus some. I've had an early Fulltone wah, an OCD v1, and the same Kelley Compressor. All great pedals. Nice stuff GuitarGuy08 and still a manageable board size. Thanks for sharing.

No doubt! The strymon stuff is killer. Nice Chorus you have there. I have looked at those from time to time, I would imagine it's pretty thorough tone wise. I had the Orbit Flanger for a white and you can pretty much do any flange tone you want, plus some. I've had an early Fulltone wah, an OCD v1, and the same Kelley Compressor. All great pedals. Nice stuff GuitarGuy08 and still a manageable board size. Thanks for sharing.
What's odd is that I've never been a huge chorus guy, but got the itch. I did a bunch of searching and swapping and nothing quite does it for me like the Ola. I used it more frequently for heavy lead stuff than expected for sure, among other things like the expression mode. No regrets on buying it. This OCD variant is one Mike made right before the whole shift. He redesigned it to sound JUST like the v1. I couldn't get along with a Candy Apple Red v2 OCD I had, and gave it a shot - sounds dead on. I appreciate your kind words and input.

Edit: I have used a Bad Horsie 2 for years and grabbed the Clyde when the news about OCD 'shutting down' was released. Got it for a steal from a shop. Guess they thought the scraptchy pot couldn't be fixed.... some spray cleared that right up. What a wonderful Wah :p

What's odd is that I've never been a huge chorus guy, but got the itch. I did a bunch of searching and swapping and nothing quite does it for me like the Ola. I used it more frequently for heavy lead stuff than expected for sure, among other things like the expression mode. No regrets on buying it. This OCD variant is one Mike made right before the whole shift. He redesigned it to sound JUST like the v1. I couldn't get along with a Candy Apple Red v2 OCD I had, and gave it a shot - sounds dead on. I appreciate your kind words and input.

Edit: I have used a Bad Horsie 2 for years and grabbed the Clyde when the news about OCD 'shutting down' was released. Got it for a steal from a shop. Guess they thought the scraptchy pot couldn't be fixed.... some spray cleared that right up. What a wonderful Wah :p
Thanks to that dumb chorus pedal thread we had here I had been looking at the VS H20 chorus cause the originals are cheap, under 100 bucks and that era was pretty quality stuff. I used a J&H for YEARS. I was real impressed with Strymons Flanger. Such a versatile unit, that I figured I'd ask you about that Ola. Thought about running a chorus on real slow speed like 70's Albert King....anyways.

Me and a guitar buddy bought a bunch of Fulltone stuff from when he was a boutique shop only guy in the late 90's/early 2000's. Between the two of us we had pretty much everything he was making at the time. 69 fuzz, 70 fuzz, octafuzz, fulldrive. I considered the univibe but my Dunlop unit was it's equal to my ears. I had a Clyde under serial number 1500. Was a really killer wah with the extra sweep range. I could get feedback on demand just be adjusting the treadle since it was so sensitive, but I ditched it when everyone started using wah wahs and doing Hendrix stuff again. If I was shopping today the Vox hand wired unit would probably be my first stop since I was pretty happy with my older 90's Vox RI. I always look at pedals, then buy them, but really don't use them much for gigs so they are like toys I shouldn't spend money on, lol I have a Meris Mercury 7 for fun time. The Strymon and Meris stuff is incredible.

IMG_20240813_164558914.jpg

Finally got the dual lock on and set some things in place. The 2203 will need to be swapped eventually, as I use it as a preamp pedal. Maybe a Griffin Analog Bad Monkey some time in the future or something! Can't even think about buying another pedal I'm so broke rn but the day will eventually come.

Here is an updated pic of my Nephew's board! I had a number of patch cables lying around but not one to jump across the board quite yet to connect all 8. He only has power for 4 at a time currently, so I rigged it so he can play the four on the bottom or the four on top til we get the rest sorted out!

Wish I would have had a board like this when I started playing!! Lucky kid :P

IMG_20240814_201637253~2.jpg

Hello RT,

That's right, it's..... NEW PEDAL BOARD DAY!!!

My dear friend built a custom pedal board for me and I am already in love with it. I did not expect this in any way but he was kind enough to build a small board for my nephew Next thing I know, he then makes quite a few measurements of my existing board/gear. All of my pedals and my power supply - even where the plug comes out of the supply. The end result is literally perfect. Light, sturdy, a gorgeous color. It fits what I want on there perfectly, with a little wiggle room ;)

This thing is so damn smooth!!! The entire top surface is usable space. The distance between the boards for cabling is perfect, and so are the side access routes. The true 3 tiered approach gives everything enough space to breathe and is easily organized. It looks more 'squeezed' in the picture than in person. There is space on the 1st and 3rd tier for another pedal, if I chose. The 2203 is just on there for filler for spacing things out for now. Thinking I may throw a Griffin Analog 6 knob EQ in the loop section up top, swap a pedal or 2 out in the preamp section, and call it done. This thing is sick.

Griffin Analog pedals were used to measure the board width for tiers 1 & 2 and then the TimeLine for tier 3. The board could handle 1 more GA sized pedal on tiers 1 & 3 if I wanted.

Debating on whether I will put a top handle on it or just carry it by the sides. I ran out of Dual lock, but I put a bit on there to mount the Zuma+Ojai and run it last night for a bit. Lots of colors on the tonal palette.

Something else to note is that you do not have to pick up the board to get your hands underneath for quick and easy cable changes and routing. What a magnificent board this is. A ton of photos to come. Again, nothing is quite stuck in place but I HAD to use it.

@Silverback7 I cannot thank you enough for this build my friend!!!

My board measurements are approximately:

22.65" x 16.5" - All usable space.

4.5" tall that slopes to 2.75"

Nephew's board:

14" x 10.5"

3.5" slope to 2.5"View attachment 329625View attachment 329628View attachment 329631View attachment 329634View attachment 329637View attachment 329640View attachment 329643
Glad you're enjoying the new board. Your original board was nice but the design seemed to lack useable space. I use this layout when building my boards so that I can properly mount all the various pedal sizes available. Also, very easy to make clean cable routing.

Here is an updated pic of my Nephew's board! I had a number of patch cables lying around but not one to jump across the board quite yet to connect all 8. He only has power for 4 at a time currently, so I rigged it so he can play the four on the bottom or the four on top til we get the rest sorted out!

Wish I would have had a board like this when I started playing!! Lucky kid :p

View attachment 332259
Wish I had known that you needed a long patch cable. I have one that will work for what you need. Also have quite a few of those single power supplies lying around that you could take and use to hook up all pedals at once.

Wish I would have had a board like this when I started playing!! Lucky kid :p

View attachment 332259
Behringer may get a bad rap about their "plastic pedals" that would not hold up for a touring musician but most are excellent sounding pedals and a good starting point for someone like your nephew.

Behringer may get a bad rap about their "plastic pedals" that would not hold up for a touring musician but most are excellent sounding pedals and a good starting point for someone like your nephew.
Exactly! They have some great times for sure. You really can't beat them for the price especially. I didn't have anything near this cool when I was a kid! Yeah, I didn't think about the cable or power supply. I sent his Dad some links for a OneSpot daisy chain to power all 8. We'll see what he ends up lacking.

Back