Ok.....what Marshall JCM800 has reverb, and way more knobs than the 800x?????

• Thread starter Thread starter Digital Jams
  • Start date Start date
Digital Jams
Digital Jams
Yeah....I needs more info :x twice as many knobs, verb, and a DI with adjustable levels.

What the hell is this, model number was not present on the back tag.

Only saw two power tubes so the 05 sounds right. God damn it I needs to write this crap down :x

It would have 5 preamp tubes too. 3 together, then two by themselves

Yes Marshalls I am a n00b :oops:

Here it is........

jcm800.jpg

What is the going rate for this? No tears in the tolex, back plate has different screws but that is minor. All knobs......thing is in very good shape.

2205 :cool: No clue on how much they cost though. People like to bitch because they have diodes in the clipping section, I believe.

I have heard that as well. I was wondering if scored cheap enough if this is a good model to start modding.

Me.

After the pre is done I want to continue to learn some stuff.

The 2203/4 would definitely be a better starting point for mods (from what I understand). Try and find out what year it is, I've heard that the earlier models had some issues. I would pay around $700 max personally but I have no idea what the going rate is on them now. I know John Norum was using these recently and they used to be Schenker's go-to amps.

Tyler

I would not recommend a 2205 to start modding...but here's one of my beloved 2205's...:thumbsup:

JCM800.jpg

Thanks guys I believe I have to agree with you, not the platform to start modding.

Oh well, next week will be another pawn shop row mission :D

Although Jim Seal (I believe his name is) in Houston has a bunch of mods for 2210/2205s. But my 2210 sounds fucking righteous.. :)

I agree. Don't start w/ the 2205 or 2210. Start with the Plexi/2204/2205/JMP, etc. etc.

Honestly Scott, I would go with one of those Ceriatone kits. I have heard nothing but rave reviews and in the end, you will probably save yourself money and a lot of headaches.

Tyler

If I were going to go the kit route it would probably be the Metro SLP, many great reviews and a good price.

Yeah, I am backing off the 2205. Was not that good a deal :D

Back