one of THESE types of wireless gear?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
311splawndude
311splawndude
This piqued my interest. Just saw something similar for the first time so I searched for a YT vid. If this has been covered to death and is old news then sorry. Don't remember seeing anything like it before. The little research I did do say claims are 6-12ms of delay which is pretty low. I don't gig so I'm not looking for anything expensive or professional. I just want to sit on my back porch and play - which would be like 10ft. The vid seems impressive.

Basically use my house as ISO box :lol: :LOL:

Thoughts? Anyone have something similar?

I was on the fence on this xvive u2 and the line 6 G10 for home use realy. All the information/threads I found were complaints of drop outs and wifi interference. I found a g10 for 70 bucks and took a chance. No problems really, goes thru the walls and is close to my router. Try to sit it away from it so it's not in between the guitar and receiver, have not had dropouts or any issues, sounds great too. Hope this helps :rock:

my band mate had an xvive and it was great, been meaning to pick one up for home use but just keep buying too much other shit lol

I've had a set for a couple years now. Only complaints I have are that it doesn't play nice with routers and my receiver battery crapped out early (which is a cheap and easy fix it you can solder). Beyond that, I'm pretty happy with it. Definitely keeps me playing more, feels really good to be cordless.

Thanks for the replies so far. I guess the consensus seems they are worth a shot.

Beandust":1uc9u2fr said:
I was on the fence on this xvive u2 and the line 6 G10 for home use realy. All the information/threads I found were complaints of drop outs and wifi interference. I found a g10 for 70 bucks and took a chance. No problems really, goes thru the walls and is close to my router. Try to sit it away from it so it's not in between the guitar and receiver, have not had dropouts or any issues, sounds great too. Hope this helps :rock:
Very helpful - thanks!

RaceU4her":hhqoshks said:
my band mate had an xvive and it was great, been meaning to pick one up for home use but just keep buying too much other shit lol

LOL!! Yep, story of my life too man. I got a JJ Jr. while looking for a Les Paul and needing a Bass Pedal. :D

I have one and used it on a lot of gigs. No issues at all.

guitarbilly74":1nvaijgr said:
Good to see someone actually gigging with one. Which one did you go with Billy? The xvive or other? Thanks for your post. You still rockin that DSL?

I've gigged with mine (Xvive, that is) a few times as well, for the record.

311splawndude":3niy5zrc said:
guitarbilly74":3niy5zrc said:
Good to see someone actually gigging with one. Which one did you go with Billy? The xvive or other? Thanks for your post. You still rockin that DSL?
Hey man! :)

I have the Xvive. Works really well. I always have a cable as a backup just in case but never needed it.

Yep, still have the DSL. My favorite amp! I've been using a Laney IRT Studio as my main live amp lately because I'm going DI. But that DSL is not going anywhere.

romanianreaper":chk6t8y3 said:
needing a Bass Pedal. :D

i got a darkglass x7 and its definitely awesome. everything darkglass is awesome, definitely look at them

guitarbilly74":2wvsiwci said:
311splawndude":2wvsiwci said:
guitarbilly74":2wvsiwci said:
Hey man! :)

I have the Xvive. Works really well. I always have a cable as a backup just in case but never needed it.

Yep, still have the DSL. My favorite amp! I've been using a Laney IRT Studio as my main live amp lately because I'm going DI. But that DSL is not going anywhere.

I was checking out the Xvive after this thread perked my interest . How exactly does the 4 channel selector work on the Xvive , it doesn't explain it in the manual . Wondering why it needs a channel selector ?

^ I have not researched it much more after posting this thread but I know enough about wireless to know that if you have multiple wireless signals going in your house/environment, as most of us do these days, it is good to have multiple channels in case you get interference on the channel you start with.

Here is a new interview I just stumbled upon with the guy who originally invented wireless guitar systems. He has lots of cool stories in working with the big names at the time back in the '70s. One is that Kiss was technically one of the first to use the system but it wasn't because of the intended use of mobility. It was because Ace had been shocked on stage and Gene saw this as a way to keep Ace safe.

Long but very much worth the read - especially starting about half way through when he starts to describe Pink Floyd's use.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... thers.html

So....

Just to wrap this up. I got a no name brand off of Amazon back in December. Don't even remember the name. Donner. That's it. Don't buy those. Shitty. Terrible experience. Terrible to trouble shoot the problem with them and ultimately returning with them. Not sure if Chinese or what but the translation on the instruction booklet and the subsequent emails was terribad.
:thumbsdown:

So I bucked up and took the recommendation of you fine folks (like I should have the first time) :yes:
and got the Xvive pair. First of all, the ergonomics and such are much better. The Donner one would not even fit in my Strat properly. I can crank up the amps and walk upstairs or go outside and works it pretty good - which is all I want to do. I say 'pretty good' because there is a noticeable static or something that I can't seem to isolate no matter what channel I switch to. Some channels are better than others. The home router is upstairs and I wouldn't expect that to be causing interference but ultimately - that is probably what it is. It is not bad enough to NOT use it. That said, I stay hardwired under normal circumstances and only use the wireless for times when I really want to blast it but not blast my ears :D

I would also recommend the Xvive.

^hammered - the channel selectors are there in order for you to work around or minimize interference from home WiFi routers. Those routers work on channels basically and because these guitar wireless adapters are WiFi too, there can sometimes be interference, even though they are not talking to your home WiFi router. Hope that helps. There are 4 channels available. Press once for Channel 1, press twice for Channel 2 etc. Then they pair up and off you go.

6tyMP4xl.jpg

Xvive seems decent, I have a g10 and a g10s was sold locally grabbed it because of the success of the g10. The g10s has twice the range but after 2 weeks I cant keep anywhere near my router yet the g10 stays right in front of a big router with no dropouts.. damn it man! Great for home use but dropping out isnt working for me even at home. Move into another room and the g10s is flawless. That really wasnt the purpose

Beandust":16y2f0oh said:
Xvive seems decent, I have a g10 and a g10s was sold locally grabbed it because of the success of the g10. The g10s has twice the range but after 2 weeks I cant keep anywhere near my router yet the g10 stays right in front of a big router with no dropouts.. damn it man! Great for home use but dropping out isnt working for me even at home. Move into another room and the g10s is flawless. That really wasnt the purpose

I have an Xvive too. I bought it after watching a YouTube review comparing it to the Boss and the Line6 units. Although the Xvive's advertised range is lower, it actually performed the best of the three in the video with clearer signal and less dropout than the other two.

I have a G10s and an XVive.

I mostly prefer the G10s as I can switch guitars quickly without having to put the amp on standby. Makes live gigs super easy.

Problem is, the G10 base died on me after a year, I snagged the G10s and now the transmitter is f*cked after about a year. I found a used G10 cheap so I snagged one just hoping I could get the transmitter to work with the G10s base, which is way better with the power connection (the G10 mini usb is awful).

The XVive is going strong though!

Both systems do not like being near my wifi router, the xvive seems more picky
Live it is much easier to change channels on the G10/G10s as the XVive has this button you need to set on both which is not ideal for mid gig adjustments

At home they are both way cool

:rock:

Man, I just got done cranking my amps (3 at once) up as loud as fak! I went upstairs and stood on the wooden floor above the cave. WOW

Talk about thumping right up your legs. bonerriffic. That was a lot of fun. :yes:

Thanks again fella's for all the recommendations and usage info. :cheers:

Back