Orange Rockerverb owners, what cab are you using?

• Thread starter Thread starter blackba
  • Start date Start date
blackba
blackba
I am considering using my orange rockerverb 50 for my gigging amp. It should be out of the shop this week (Bad volume pots, Orange had a quality issue with Alpha Pots, they didn't have any parts in stock for 3 months)

Anyway I was running it through 2 112's. A mesa Recto 112 with a V30 and a marshall 1912 with a Mesa Custom 90. I do have a marshall 1936 with CL80's available too, not sure what to use at this point.

What are you guys using, past owners welcome?

>|<>QBB<
blackba":d5ee5 said:
I am considering using my orange rockerverb 50 for my gigging amp. It should be out of the shop this week (Bad volume pots, Orange had a quality issue with Alpha Pots, they didn't have any parts in stock for 3 months)

Anyway I was running it through 2 112's. A mesa Recto 112 with a V30 and a marshall 1912 with a Mesa Custom 90. I do have a marshall 1936 with CL80's available too, not sure what to use at this point.

What are you guys using, past owners welcome?

When I had mine, I was using a Marshall 1960A, reloaded with G12H-30's (chinese) - and added a strip of batting on the back 12" wide behind each speaker, as well as a 12x? patch on the sides below the handles.

The batting came from Avatar Speakers (it's what they use - I talked Dave into sending me some) - which from what I understand is underlayment for flooring material.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":aaf34 said:
>|<>QBB<

When I had mine, I was using a Marshall 1960A, reloaded with G12H-30's (chinese) - and added a strip of batting on the back 12" wide behind each speaker, as well as a 12x? patch on the sides below the handles.

The batting came from Avatar Speakers (it's what they use - I talked Dave into sending me some) - which from what I understand is underlayment for flooring material.

Awe G12H30's, nice speakers. I have a little marshall 1922 with 2 G12H30's, I will have to try running it through that. My buddy has it on loan right now as a backup cab.....

Bump, come on orange fans, I figured I would hear a chorus of "get an orange cab, cause I am using one and its great!"

Gigging with the Orange 4x12 might be a bit rough on your back if you'll be toting it around with no help. Those things are HEAVY!!! They sound awesome though. I have 2 V30s and 2 75s (a lot of folks don't like that speaker but it sounds great mixed in the cab) in an X pattern and it helps give it a little more flavor. I don't really like all V30s in any cab but they sound great mixed with something else too.

>|<>QBB<
blackba":36023 said:
Bump, come on orange fans, I figured I would hear a chorus of "get an orange cab, cause I am using one and its great!"

I played through an Orange 4x12, and actually, didn't care for it too much.

Not sure why - just it didn't "do" anything for me...

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":f7075 said:
>|<>QBB<

I played through an Orange 4x12, and actually, didn't care for it too much.

Not sure why - just it didn't "do" anything for me...

It didn't hurt your back when you picked it up? :o

Finally got my orange rockerverb back, took 3 months to get the bad volume pots in.

For some reason the amp doesn't sound as good as I remembered. I should get my marshall 212 with G12H30's back next week.

JJ preamp tubes almost ruined another amp.

I had them in my orange rockerverb when I got it back and it just didn't sound right.

I switched the tubes out to my usual EI, EH, or 9th gen Chinese and the tone is back.

Damn JJ.....

Back