OT: Beetle Juice

• Thread starter Thread starter Numbnuts
  • Start date Start date
N
Numbnuts
Hey guys, I'm building a beetle, check this out and lemme know what you think!

http://weldingwiki.com/invasion/index.php?showtopic=424&pid=3475&st=0&#entry3475

Jordan

beetlejuice.jpg

awsome. i've got a '68 with a sliding ragtop, cal-look, that i need to rebuild as soon as the band slows down a little. its got a 2180 stroker, that the cam ate a lifter in it.................................... :(

>|<>QBB<
mchn13":3f9c6 said:
awsome. i've got a '68 with a sliding ragtop, cal-look, that i need to rebuild as soon as the band slows down a little. its got a 2180 stroker, that the cam ate a lifter in it.................................... :(

cal look, eh? chop top, fenderless? any pics?

pretty cool. Looks like a lot of work. My best friend back in high school sold his 74 Plymouth 'Cuda and bought a 68 VW Bug. I thought he was a stupid idiot...I rode in it with him and as we were pulling off the light, he dumped the clutch and I swear popped a wheelie, that Bug was a fast son-of-a-bitch off the line. He had two holley carbs and a header on it.

>|<>QBB<
scottcrud":7fc5b said:
pretty cool. Looks like a lot of work. My best friend back in high school sold his 74 Plymouth 'Cuda and bought a 68 VW Bug. I thought he was a stupid idiot...I rode in it with him and as we were pulling off the light, he dumped the clutch and I swear popped a wheelie, that Bug was a fast son-of-a-bitch off the line. He had two holley carbs and a header on it.

people don't understand just how fast those buggers are, RWD, all the weight over the rear wheels....you get a decent motor in there, it's an oversized go kart, is all!

Back