PAINTERS... Step in and offer some wisdom

reignman454
reignman454
Guitar was airbrushed with water based paints... What kind of clear should be shot over it? The previous clear coater left the business and I am needing some info... google is confusing me.

Epoxy that mofo….lol. I have used poly on furniture that I have painted with water based paint. But I was using a sprayer and had to cut the poly 50/50….

Epoxy will lift a water borne coating right off the surface. Use a water borne acrylic finish
I was joking…. I have epoxied painted and stained table tops a couple times with no issues though. So that is good to know. And I was using water based paint. Is that a gradual process of the paint lifting?

I was joking…. I have epoxied painted and stained table tops a couple times with no issues though. So that is good to know. And I was using water based paint. Is that a gradual process of the paint lifting?
no worries brother, my bad, didn't know you were joking. It depends on the epoxy base, but it's never a good idea to use epoxies over acrylic's or urethanes etc... it may initially adhere, but it will be short lived.

Guitar was airbrushed with water based paints... What kind of clear should be shot over it? The previous clear coater left the business and I am needing some info... google is confusing me.
Right here, you'll be good to go. All I've used recently with fantastic results. Its a legit 2 part product, you need to activate then you have appx 24-48 hours use time but I have had some luck putting it in the fridge and squeezing a few more days out of it.

****Need to add don't fuck around with this product, wear a respirator and some eye protection****

https://www.spraymax.com/en-us/products/product/clear-coats-and-spot-blender/2k-clear-glamour/

Back