peavey ultra 60

• Thread starter Thread starter rbasaria
  • Start date Start date
rbasaria
rbasaria
any one have any experience with them? Can they do metal without a boost? What are they worth?

Also...same questions about the triumph 60 112 combo...

They have a lot of gain, not as much as say recto or framus or something like that.

I've had two, they are always my go-to budget amp, they can handle any genre and are very affordable. 200-300 dollar range, i was offered a peavey ultra 60 combo for 250 shipped the other day and i think im going to buy it.

Heres a nice comparison with Mark III. Campares it to the R2 of the MArk

Theres an ultra 60 combo on used guitar center website for 250 also, plus one on ebay thats pretty cheap right now.

Ive seen the mark/ultra videos, but thats the ultra plus. I wasnt sure if the ultra 60 would be different than the plus...

What about the triumph 60 head?

Basically, Im used to my 6505 but I dont want to leave it at the practice space, so Im looking for a beater to leave at the practice space and to take out for gigging that will give me some killer metal tones...

Thanks for the input every one!!

The ultra 60 is definitely good for that. the ultra plus has more gain and is darker voiced, but the ultra will do metal no problem. if you'd like to hear what a straiht up ultra 60 sounds like... i sold my head to a frien in a local thrash band and all they did was mic it with a vintage 30 in the studio.... no mixing done yet (they cant afford it ) :

https://www.myspace.com/eternumetal

it has a lot more gain than this on tap.

Guitarzan1143":23e1249v said:
The ultra 60 is definitely good for that. the ultra plus has more gain and is darker voiced, but the ultra will do metal no problem. if you'd like to hear what a straiht up ultra 60 sounds like... i sold my head to a frien in a local thrash band and all they did was mic it with a vintage 30 in the studio.... no mixing done yet (they cant afford it ) :

https://www.myspace.com/eternumetal

it has a lot more gain than this on tap.

Sounds pretty good. Im trying to decide between an ultra 60 for 300 and a triumph 60 for 220....Leaning towards the triumph because of price, but idk...what do you guys think?

You've probably heard a couple clips of my Peavey Prowler - that amp is basically a 45 watt Peavey Ultra and can definitely do metal on it's own. Of course I'm a boost junkie though :lol: :LOL:

Another cool thing is the amp has a KILLER clean channel....better sounding than a Twin Reverb actually IMO (but not nearly as loud).

When I get a lil time I can try to do a short clip of the amp, unboosted.

Devin":1gg5mymb said:
You've probably heard a couple clips of my Peavey Prowler - that amp is basically a 45 watt Peavey Ultra and can definitely do metal on it's own. Of course I'm a boost junkie though :lol: :LOL:

Another cool thing is the amp has a KILLER clean channel....better sounding than a Twin Reverb actually IMO (but not nearly as loud).

That would be sweet. Ill be using 2 V12s as well :thumbsup:

Devin":2pdm8x9p said:

Have you noticed on your Prowler the crunch channel is much more quiet than the clean? My amp may have issues, but the gain channel seems really muffled.

Back