Pedal boards?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter guitar_face
  • Start date Start date
guitar_face
guitar_face
Hey
I've got a bunch of giant pedals (Lovetone and Moog) and I'm looking for a nice pedalboard to sit them and maybe power them if possible. I won't be gigging them but it'd be nice to have a board to make setting up for jams easier. So far I know of Pedaltrain, seems great. Any others I should know of?

Also are there pedalboards that power both tip -ive and tip +ive effects? got links?

cheers

:bang: :weedman:

Bashar

A few big pedalboards are either the PedalTrain Pro or the Radial Engineering ToneBone BoneYard. Otherwise contact NGM they can make it as big as you need.

TheGrooveking

I just put this togeather last weekend. Its a Pedaltrain 32" X 16" frame with the soft case. A bit heavy but works perfect and sets up in seconds. Its really only heavy due to the pedals and not the frame. I had em so I might as well use them. All cables a the George L and power via various transformers and a DC Brick which are hidden under the framework but accessible by flipping over. All this goes to a reverb unit and on to a 59 Guild 20 watt tube amp. Best setup so far and even though is alittle large its not that bad to move to a gig. The Wah pedal goes on the floor. Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 779
this is an old shot of my pedal board

pic2.jpg

its gone through some changes since, and has been properly velcrod and organized.

>|<>QBB<
flying_high":7b66e said:
this is an old shot of my pedal board

pic2.jpg

its gone through some changes since, and has been properly velcrod and organized.

What's the brown pedal in the top left? Looks like one of those Behringer pedals

not so good through emgs, let alone humbuckers. You gotta play with the volume and tone on a single coil pickup. i don't use it, it was more of a novelty purchase. although i could get some great tones with it with some distortion (jazzy, opeth like).

m123 was having a sale on it with free shipping so i ended up getting it for 20 shipped. i think its 30 now.

i'd go for the boss, which is a bit better. but at the end of the day there really isn't much use for an acoustic modeller.

I just made mine. This is an old pic i've sold all but the wah/ps/tuner, but it gets the point across. Was 20 bucks at a used music place, just had to rip some padding up, add some latches. There i used velcro, but now I've fit my pedals with small brackets from home depot.

board2.jpg

Newbie here, hey all, great forum you have here, thanks for having me aboard.

I have a question I was hoping to get some help on, not sure if this would be the right thread but WTF...

I currently use a Boss GT-3 ('cuz I'm a starving musician) for my effects but am not quite getting the sounds I want. I was thinking of going back to the 'ol Boss stompboxes, but being the only guitar player in my band I have some current patches with multiple effects going. I run the GT-3 direct in and not through the effects loop since the effects loop tends to weaken the output of the GT-3 effects. Hence, I'm left with a lot of "shhhhhh" on the dirty channel.

I got some good advice from another member of the board (thanks, Gary) in another forum, just looking for some other input or suggestions.

Welcome aboard, dude!
I think you'll be happier with individual boxes over the fx unit. You'll never know 'til you try, though.
Did you have specific "patches" you wanted to keep? With all the boss pedals out there, I can't imagine you not being able to reproduce any sound.
And what amp do you use?

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":f3da8 said:
Welcome aboard, dude!
I think you'll be happier with individual boxes over the fx unit. You'll never know 'til you try, though.
Did you have specific "patches" you wanted to keep? With all the boss pedals out there, I can't imagine you not being able to reproduce any sound.
And what amp do you use?

I do have specific patches that I like, I run a clean one right now that has flange/chorus/delay that is in a couple of our mellower songs. I feel like if I got stompboxes again I'd be dancin' each show like MC Hammer. This is not good. I love the Boss stuff, I'm pretty sold on that.

As for an amp, I have one of the older Marshall Valvestates (AVT50). I don't even think they make that model anymore in a head, I think combo is all they still do. And yes, I am going tube in the future, probabaly with a Marshall but no $$...yet... :)

I have decisions that cost $$ :o

Yeah, the only drawback is the dancing you'd have to do.

Back