Pedal tuners

• Thread starter Thread starter Findthetone1
  • Start date Start date
Findthetone1
Findthetone1
Who's still using them? Looking for a recommendation

I had both the Strobostomp and ST200.

I think both are great. The strobo seemed much sturdier with a better enclosure but the ST200 was better to read visually.

I use TC Electronic Polytunes on boards and a Peterson Strobe on on the bench. Between those two every need is met.

Finally bought a Peterson Strob-o-stomp last year to set intonation. It was literally night and day to set intonation with a strobe. Guitars have never sounded more ‘in tune’ all the way up the neck.

I have the old stoboflip I use to set intonation so I'm good there and I have the stroboclip but I'd like one on a pedal board again (I think). I'm just not sure I want a strobe type tuner on it as chromatics tend to be faster.

OG Strobostomp here. Removed the 1meg resistor which added noise but makes it more transparent in true bypass mode. Added some switchcraft jacks and been using since 2005.

Sonic Research ST-300. More accurate than anything else in that category.
I had both the Strobostomp and ST200.

I think both are great. The strobo seemed much sturdier with a better enclosure but the ST200 was better to read visually.
Did you guys buy those ST2/300s direct? The website I found for them still says 2015 at the bottom.

Cool, thanks, it looks great. Have you compared it to a Peterson?
No but the ST 300 is made in USA vs. China for the Peterson, if that matters to you. The Peterson is very accurate (0.1 cent) but the Sonic Research units are about 10x more accurate than that (0.022 cents)! I can’t see the Peterson Strobostomp HD with its bright (for now) LCD display having a particularly long lifespan.

No but the ST 300 is made in USA vs. China for the Peterson, if that matters to you. The Peterson is very accurate (0.1 cent) but the Sonic Research units are about 10x more accurate than that (0.022 cents)! I can’t see the Peterson Strobostomp HD with its bright (for now) LCD display having a particularly long lifespan.
Thanks again. Turbo-tuner.com is the right website?

Lol, yes it does. Thanks for the confirmation and the recommendation. This thing looks excellent.

I used the original Polytune for years. Replaced it with a Polytune 3 that has the Bona Fide buffer. Love it.

Back