peters chimera rocks!

• Thread starter Thread starter noseminer
  • Start date Start date
N
noseminer
So I finally turned it up passed volume 1 with all the tube problems I had worked out. And this thing can take your head off! I havn't played THAT many amps but I honestly cant imagine anything more brutal than this (except for maybe a 5150 boosted with a 5150 and a maxon808). Drop D palm mutes just gave me a huge grin that lasted atleast 30 mins.

I have JJ 6L6s in it and a tung sol in v1 and man what a difference from before. (My favorite tube the Ei went microphonic though :cry:) also the only guitar cable I had in my apartment was bad... :o. But with all that sorted out this thing is rediculous. Its the same wattage as my recto but it seems 2x louder. It sounds somewhere between a mark iv and a recto, the thickness of the recto but super tight and does not need a boost. Leads are good - they were better with the ei though :aww:. Turning the dampining knob from zero to like 3/4 up is like michael angio batio dropping down from the ceiling with four guitars and slicing your face open. Its the coolest knob on the amp imo :).

I forgot to bring headphones home so any recordings I make will sound pretty bad (sorry james) - but I will try anyway in the next few days. I bought a new pickup for my guitar thinking that it would make my setup tighter, but I think any tighter an the notes would cease to exist :lol:

pamp.jpg

ROFL! Michael Angelo........ :lol: :lol: :lol: That Peters sounds wicked. I know Steve VHT loves his. I am up in the air on an Elmwood, VHT Sig X or now a Peters.

Ok so its brewtality is not all good, i was playing today and the bone crushing palm mutes shook something off the top of my desk onto my laptop and broke off a piece of my laptop :(.

:|::QBB:
noseminer":655bf said:
Ok so its brewtality is not all good, i was playing today and the bone crushing palm mutes shook something off the top of my desk onto my laptop and broke off a piece of my laptop :(.

AHA HA HA HA HA!!! :D Turn the depth down!!! :)

I'm glad you're digging it. I recently demoed the 20W Chimera prototype vs. a JSX by the way. I got this guy's JSX sounding as good as possible (including cherry-picking tubes, biasing it and modifying it with a choke), then after he played it for a while he used the 20W Chimera. He kept asking if it was a 50W because of how well it kept up with the JSX for volume and bass. :)

Sweet review and sweet looking amp! I'd LOVE to try one someday but no money = :thumbsdown:

:|::QBB:
noseminer":a317e said:

This is the most metal post I've read today.

:thumbsup:

Agreed! Very metal shaking shit off the walls. I love the looks of that head!!! I can't wait to hear some clips!

Back