Picking up my 101B tonight

• Thread starter Thread starter rockerjt
  • Start date Start date
rockerjt
rockerjt
Well, taking the plunge yet again.

This will be my 5th Ecstasy, and hopefully the last. Each time I buy one, I think something different is going to end up being the Holy Grail Of Tone, so I end up selling, only to go back to one. In all fairness, once I sold because I needed cash, and then the last one was a white chassis 101B, and it was not a good sounding Ecstasy.

I have finally saved the money to get another, so I am picking up a 2009 101B from a guy who literally lives a mile from me. It is like new, no A A/B switch, but I never used that on my previous ones anyway. Wheat Headshell, but I am going to swap it out for a metal one. Pretty stoked. I think that this will be my final Bogner, and final amp, as I have found nothing I like better (and I have had Shivas, Diezels, Elmwood, Splawn, Silver Jubilee, Mesas, Soldano SLO, the list goes on and on). This seems to be where the bar is set.

If anyone has a headshell, let me know.

JT

Thanks. Just got it home and haven't even put it through its paces yet. Tomorrow will be fun.

rockerjt":4wfg3xsj said:
so I am picking up a 2009 101B

If anyone has a headshell, let me know.
you know about the Marvel mod, the switch that lets you switch the Red channel gain between pre-2004, post-2004, and a Cameron mod? details are on the Bogner amps forum. i think it's awesome--gives great flexibility in dialing in the Red channel. :rock:

also, some dude was selling a metal headshell on the classifieds at those forums recently.

crap, sorry--i can't find that post now. you might check anyway, but i don't mean to get your hopes up.

There are more significant and better ways to change the tone of the red channel than the Marvel mod...although the modifications aren't as simple to do yourself.

Thanks. I am going to try it without the Marvel mod, but will probably add it; seems like a cool idea. I saw the ad for the Metal Grill headshell, found it too late and it had just sold. Oh well, they are out there.

se7en":1hopevpc said:
There are more significant and better ways to change the tone of the red channel than the Marvel mod...
definitely--have Mark Cameron rebuild it. ;)

i dig the Marvel mod because it lets you compare the two different stock configurations. it's not so much a mod as extra choices.

If you send it to Cameron there is a good chance you well not see it for years or ever again .... go look at that forum before you do something like that. Mark does great work ..... but his business stuff has a pretty bad reputation. It seems it is getting better ..... but I would think about it.

Mark is not even modding amps anymore; you can't even talk to the gu these das. For the last 2 years the only person I talked to was Chris. I was on the waiting list for one of their amps, but grew tired of waiting. Seems a lot of people have issues with how the are running things too. Not my prob I guess.

stephen sawall":3r1j24uh said:
If you send it to Cameron...
don't worry, dude, i know the current situation with Cameron and would never dream of sending an amp to him right now. i was only talking theoretically--the 101B he rebuilt, that people on this forum have owned, apparently sounds amazing.

_actual time_":3ib52nic said:
stephen sawall":3ib52nic said:
don't worry, dude, i know the current situation with Cameron and would never dream of sending an amp to him right now. i was only talking theoretically--the 101B he rebuilt, that people on this forum have owned, apparently sounds amazing.

I have no doubt; he has a great set of ears, and has come up with some cool stuff. Too bad most of it is not accessible to the majority of us.

rockerjt":3ndu9fz5 said:
_actual time_":3ndu9fz5 said:
stephen sawall":3ndu9fz5 said:

I have no doubt; he has a great set of ears, and has come up with some cool stuff. Too bad most of it is not accessible to the majority of us.

According to a few this well be changing. It is gossip right now .... but who knows.

stephen sawall":ylnonmzr said:
rockerjt":ylnonmzr said:
_actual time_":ylnonmzr said:
stephen sawall":ylnonmzr said:

According to a few this well be changing. It is gossip right now .... but who knows.
Hopefully he will be doing mods again; I have heard great things about the Ecstasy mods; I guess there is a blue channel mod that is incredible.

I do not think he well be doing any other mods, I believe that ended years ago. The story I heard is he is getting out of amp building completely. That he is hooking up with a well know amp builder and only well be doing design. But who knows ?

Back