Pickup suggestions.. help!

cyndicate

I currently want to Upgrade my Humbucker on my HSS deluxe strat. However, I am not sure what to get. What im looking for is something to play high gain stuff, however still able to cover some classic rock. Also my current pickups don't pick up harmonics as great, I was thinking of putting a Dimarzio in the bridge, probably a PAF PRO or a EVO, any other suggestions? I mainly play metal and classic rock.

Also does anyone use the EVO setup on a Ibanez RG guitar? I just preordered a 20th anny RG550, and will probably want to swap out the pickups, any suggestions for that also? I was thinking for the JEM setup, EVO Neck/bridge.

i just sold my rg, but it has an evo in the bridge, and a paf pro in the neck. the evo is much hotter than the paf pro. the vo is good for any heavy style i think. the paf pro is better suited for the neck,imo, cause its not muddy under high gain.

I had the same delima a couple years ago. I went with a bill lawrence L500. It doesn't color your tone and is not flubby. You get to rely more on your amp.
I tried a PAF from dimarzio and didn't like it at all. It's not for metal.

>|<>QBB<
MitchSchaft":a2b5a said:
I had the same delima a couple years ago. I went with a bill lawrence L500. It doesn't color your tone and is not flubby. You get to rely more on your amp.
I tried a PAF from dimarzio and didn't like it at all. It's not for metal.

L500s are great pickups. If you want really high output go for the XL500.

+1 for the L-500, killer pup. have it in the bridge position in a frankenstrat and a steinberger chicklet, and in the neck on an old V of mine with a jb in the bridge, talk about killer solo tone!
I think those and JB's are just about my favorite pups

Back