Please refer me the best Amp tech in Dallas

• Thread starter Thread starter LunatiBSW
  • Start date Start date
LunatiBSW
LunatiBSW
My go to guy moved out to the boonies, don't have the time to drive my amps out there for tune-ups.
Who do you use if your in the area?
May also be getting a metro loop in my supa chupa, the more I play it the more I'm liking it.

I don't know about best but Terrance Slemmons has fixed a few things for me, is fast, good prices, and has been a factory authorized repair guy for just about everyone. He does good work. http://www.slemmons.com/

richardt4520":7u0o059f said:
I don't know about best but Terrance Slemmons has fixed a few things for me, is fast, good prices, and has been a factory authorized repair guy for just about everyone. He does good work. http://www.slemmons.com/

Awesome, much appreciated :thumbsup:
That's only like 4 miles from me, guy looks very legit.

:rock:
Gotta love Rig talk!

Lots of good folks and good info ready to help out in a drop of a hat!

Mailman1971":2ni2kmz9 said:
:rock:
Gotta love Rig talk!

Lots of good folks and good info ready to help out in a drop of a hat!

My thoughts exactly brother

:doh:
Man this place has been my blessing....

and my curse!! hahahaha!

Just picked up another guitar yesterday...

and an Amp today....
:D

Lol! Mailman, I've been scarce lately but always come back. Out of all the guitar boards I've ever been on, the guys who post on here really know good tone.

Thank the maker for this info. My tech in Arlington retired. Thanks mucho!

rottingcorpse":2s1p5w9t said:

Anytime, man! He tracked down a bad trace on an old Eventide h3000 I had and fixed it. I also had a mesa 2:90 I bought on ebay from a guy in Puerto Rico who shipped it USPS in an oversized box wrapped in a single plastic bag that arrived completely destroyed. Nothing worked, chassis bent to hell, lights and tubes busted, knobs sheared off. I already had a new set of mesa tubes for it so I took it to him and he fixed the whole thing for about 90 bucks or something. Even bent the chassis back in shape at no charge!

rottingcorpse":38qk61p3 said:

Ha I came in here to suggest he ask YOU. :D

I'm glad to hear the nice things about Slemmons. I must have caught him on a bad day several years ago when he was short with me and honestly turned me off to ever using him. I've instead just used Brian Harris to do my basic stuff since (or Jimmy Russell but Jim is so rarely in town).

Ron, I've never had Brian work on my stuff but I've known him since I moved to Dallas. He is a good dude and one of the best guitarists in Dallas, period. Great guy. And there's definitely the cred of working at Charleys guitar shop where Stevie ray did and Eric Johnson sometimes does pop in to buy vintage stuff.

Slemmons can seem a little moody sometimes. I definitely get that. But he definitely doesn't play around with his work. It's always been totally pro when I've had him work on stuff. There was a good repair shop at 635 and Skillman... Don't remember the name... But they did good work. Pretty pricey and slow though.

Mark, from Mule amps is on this board, and he is top notch as well. Slemmons has been a staple in Dallas for many years. He can be a bit moody sometimes, but he is good.

Back