possible to get a custom neck?

• Thread starter Thread starter WarriorOfMetal
  • Start date Start date
WarriorOfMetal
WarriorOfMetal
i'm planning to build a custom 7-string guitar for my final project for my major, but i've got some extremely specific things in mind for the neck, and i don't think i would be able to build the neck the way i want it on my own, for my first build. when i proposed the project to the department head, i mentioned this fact, and he's totally cool with it (i'm planning to build the body pretty much on my own...some help from a friend though).

anyway, i was wondering if there's any way that Brent could make me a neck with the following specs:

7-string bolt-on (Ibanez AANJ style heel....i want the neck to essentially be able to be a direct replacement for an Ibanez 7-string neck)
25.5" scale
24 frets
maple neck
ebony board
white binding
stainless steel frets
no inlays (but large/clearly visible side markers)
set up for top-mounted floyd rose locking nut
volute
unshaped headstock
profile based on shape of one of my current guitars (maybe have the neck made over-sized so i can shape it myself?), the neck it would be based on is about 3/4" thick

i'm probably forgetting a couple details, but i've got those written down somewhere that i can't get to until tomorrow.....but i figure if this is possible to be done, this should be enough info to get a rough idea of the cost.

Back