Price check. Early 70's Marshall cabinet?

• Thread starter Thread starter gbsmusic
  • Start date Start date
gbsmusic
gbsmusic
Looking for an estimate on this cab with the 75 speakers. I have no clue on the speakers. The guy said the speakers are early 80's. He's had the cab since he was 19. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0124(1).jpg
    IMG_0124(1).jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 65
  • thumbnail_IMG_0122.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0122.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Looks to be in okay shape, so guessing around $1500 with or without the speakers...

Looks early 80's and that's when those speakers were released. They only had the vents for a few years, if that. I'd say closer to $1000.

That's a late 70s cab; maybe a 1980 cab like Matt ^^ says.....vented 75s are killer speakers, and only made from 84-85 from what I've seen...I'd go 1k to 1200. At the most.

Too bad it didn't have the Pre-rola greenbacks in it. I also have heard the vented GT75 sound good. With todays market the speaker can be worht more than the cabinet but if the cab is in good shape I concur with the 1,000 to 1,500 range everyone has suggested.

Cabinets with super desirable speakers like blackbacks/pre-rolas are worth what someone is willing to pay for them especially original cones.

Does it have plastic cab corners on it? That would help pinpoint what year it is. Somewhere in early to mid 70's they started installing the plastic cab corners, before that there were none, I don't remember what the years were. I'm sure someone on here does......

Those are great speakers, tried some not long ago. On the advice of the speaker lord, Racerxrated, I went and checked out a cab and those speakers impressed big time. Not at all like the new 75s.

Guys here are spot on at $1000-$1500. Those speakers are killer too. The white labeled non vented ones are also great. I have three 800 cabs with the white label 75’s and they all sound amazing.

I just saw a post on a facebook group that guys are saying 800 cabinets with 65’s are going for between $300-$500 dollars. I asked where they’re seeing them for that price because I’d buy them all day.

One here selling for $600. Same cab & speakers.

Back