PRS Wraparound adjustable bridge. Where to buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter drewiv
  • Start date Start date
I wouldn't get the tonepros. I'm not a fan of em. You won't be able to get the action low with the tonepros. Had one on my prs tremonti se and the action was stupid high. The prs bridges r kinda hard to find (at least for me). Unless u wanna pay the $290 price from the prs website! There are a couple on eBay for $240 each. Stupid price. To me a $2500 guitar should come with the adjustable s/t but whatever. With that said as of now I feel like the intonation on my singlecut is close enough. I had an issue a while back where my d string was way off but it was because of the blue steels I tried. After I switched back to daddario I had no problems. Also no probs with elixir. So if u r having issues with intonation with tunings that are not extremely low try different strings. Also no wound g string.

Thank you. Now I have to decide what I'm going with. I agree, a $2000+ guitar should come with an adjustable bridge. :aww:

Besides the Schroeder, which looks a bit weird to me, you can look at the PRS one which is expensive, the Pigtail looks nice, too and is well regarded (http://www.pigtailmusic.com/Products.php), one more is the ABM (http://www.abm-mueller.com/index2f0e4.html?bridges.html) - problem with ABM that I couldn't get measurements or anything from their site.

I just ordered a Tonepros for my McCarty, which will be delivered in a few days. I'm a bit worried about the mismatch (12" radius Tonepros, 10" radius PRS neck) but we'll see.

If I had known of the pigtail when I ordered, I'd have gotten that one.

Rich7620":2d6mf8jk said:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_tailpieces/Schroeder_Stoptail_Bridge.html

These are also a direct fit for the PRS and alot of the guys over at Birds and Moons like them. Cheaper than the PRS and a little more style to them as well

+1 I'm about to order one for my McKorina Racer. Schroeder's stuff is awesome.

Anyone try the Schroeder and the Tonepros?
I have a tonepros and it won't go as low as I would like but did help the tone.
Will the schroeder go lower? Also interested in the pigtail.

I have not, but others have used the Schroeder Adjustable on their PRS and have good results. I've used Jason'e locking bridge studs on one of my PRS, and they work very well. One minor thing to keep in mind is that the Schroeder is a 12 degree radius, while the PRS is a 10 degree radius, BUT, the Schroeder comes without the grooves cut into the individual saddles, meaning you can self-radius them when you cut the grooves by progessively deepening the grooves as you move out from center.

If you want a PRS Adjustable, I believe they can be found on the PRS site, but I'd go through a dealer and not pay list price.

You can see the Schroeder locking studs below on this PRS SC245 -
SC245102.jpg

Installed the Tonepros last night, and I have to say I prefer it over the stock bridge tonally (which - I know - in theory makes no sense). Action is as low as I'd want it. Maybe if one day the radius mismatch would bother me, I could still file the outer slots a bit lower, but I don't see the need right now.

And it intonates GREAT too.

I did have to go all the way down with those locking studs though, so there isn't much downward flexibility action wise ....

Attachments

• DSC06943.jpg
    DSC06943.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 3,577

Back