Randall Diavlo 45/50?

• Thread starter Thread starter japetus
  • Start date Start date
japetus
japetus
I have a Randall Diavlo 1 watt head, I really like this little thing. Does anyone have the 45 or 50 watt version? I have seen a couple for sale locally for pretty cheap, do they sound similar to the 1 watt version? I know kind of a dumb question but is the preamp/gain structure the same or similar?

one of them i believe i read is supposed to be similar to the 1w and another is not and not very good

I have the 45 and made a video on it early in my Youtube channel. It's a cool amp, but doesn't jive with my ear. It sounds a good bit better than the watt, in my opinion.

45 is the one you want, not the 50. Or the 100 if you run into one...might have been the worst high gain amp I’ve ever played. Yet the 45 is much better, with the same circuit...only thing I can imagine is the transformers in the 45 are much better.

I had the 45 about 7 years ago, and jammed with a band doing classic rock/ classic metal covers.
Was a good overall amp, sold it for the 5150 III 50 watt 6l6 and that was a big step up in how it cut through and sounded in a band mix.

Back