randall warhead 4x12 cab

• Thread starter Thread starter FIREBALL
  • Start date Start date
F
FIREBALL
the 2 inputs on say hi pass and full range....what do these really do......also could u plug 2 heads into it....i cant find any info on this.....thx dudes

full range is exactly that. full range. no need to complicate that one.

high pass means there is a built in HP filter which has a 3dB rolloff point to block all lows. Dime was a big fan of running 2x15's with the 4x12's. To keep things under control he ran the 4x12's through a high pass filter which allowed the 2x15's to handle to low end goods and the 4x12 to handle the high mids and highs.

glpg80":2wuqg4bm said:
full range is exactly that. full range. no need to complicate that one.

high pass means there is a built in HP filter which has a 3dB rolloff point to block all lows. Dime was a big fan of running 2x15's with the 4x12's. To keep things under control he ran the 4x12's through a high pass filter which allowed the 2x15's to handle to low end goods and the 4x12 to handle the high mids and highs.
thx

:confused:
I have two different Randall Warhead 4x12 cabs. Both have three inputs, but one seems to have a big ass resistor of some sort and the speakers are wired in series as opposed to the other which appears to be wired with the speakers in parallel and just has a couple of small circuit boards on the inside as opposed to the big resistor or transformer lookin' thing on the input pannel. Not really sure what the difference between the two different cabs is, but they both sound pretty similar to me. Anyone out there know what the deal is between the two differently wired 4x12's is? Especially since both were designed to run with the 2x15 cab?

Cab 1:
20131026_191542_zps1b3b6453.jpg

Cab 2:
20131026_191512_zps1e1ab5ab.jpg

Cab 2 pic 2:
20131026_191523_zps04121a48.jpg

Looks like glpg80 explained it above. The second cab in your pics has the high-pass filter, and what you show I guess is just the circuit involved in that high pass filter. The first cab doesn't have that high pass filter. It just looks like a normal cab: center input is 8 ohm mono and the left and right inputs are for 4 ohm stereo operation.

Yeah the big part is not a resistor, although it has resistance. It is an inductor. The circuit is a resonant RLC bandpass filter.

I'm kinda a novice when it comes to the terminology and what it means in the end. I think I understand about the second pictured cabinet, does that mean that the lows are cut from the signal to that cab? how would you recommend I run these two different cabinets from one head (a Peavey 6505+) for high gain applications?

TORMENT FAKTORY":tphl7dx4 said:
I'm kinda a novice when it comes to the terminology and what it means in the end. I think I understand about the second pictured cabinet, does that mean that the lows are cut from the signal to that cab? how would you recommend I run these two different cabinets from one head (a Peavey 6505+) for high gain applications?

run them both full range unless you have a 2x15 cabinet :)

So, out of curiosity, does anyone know when and why Randall switched input panels on the Warhead 4X12 and which one came first?

Back