Reb Beach inspired build ?

MYLILSS

Ok, so I absolutely love Reb’s suhr superstrat. I have been talking with curt @ chubtone about doing a Reb inspired build. I know reb’s suhr is a Koa body, but we are looking at using walnut or mahogany as those would be easier to get ahold of. What would y’all think would look the closest ? Some walnut pics look good and some look way too dark, so I’m not sure. I’m also not sure what neckwood to use in order to get close. Reb’s body and neck look pretty close in terms of a color match from what I can see, so whichever body wood I end up with I’d more or less just want the same color consistency. As I type this I am thinking mahogany body with a mahogany or rosewood neck and rosewood board :confused:

If look is relevant, then koa and walnut can look similar if proper piece of wood is chosen

Koa
schecter-california-custom-elite-koa-top-usa-custom-shop-electric-guitar-schecterucceknatggh.jpg

Figured walnut
o47jgslbpny1j5rqpnih.jpg

That said, sound wise they're worlds apart.

Since it’s a Reb inspired build, it doesn’t have to be absolutely 100% spot on. At the moment I am leaning towards a walnut body, pao ferro neck and fretboard, stainless frets, gold hardware, EMG 85/Sa/Sa, and a tone knob delete. I also don’t normally like floating trem’s and Although Reb’s is floating I may have curt do it as a dive only setup. I’m still debating a few of the details though. Hell it may look cool with a bit of his relic work done as well.

Back