Redback speaker break in fast as hell

• Thread starter Thread starter Smash
  • Start date Start date
Smash
Smash
Hack
My redbacks just went completely broke in today. It was kind of insane. Last time i played, it was a long sessions with tons of volume. I guess when they cooled down, the heavy presence died and the darkness came.

I mean it is either that or @RedB4Black snuck in and sprayed my speakers down. This shit has been happening lately, goddamn it

hjensonp.jpg

I’d hate to see how Henson would spray Chris’s Creambacks. Just kidding, I’d love to see it.

My redbacks just went completely broke in today. It was kind of insane. Last time i played, it was a long sessions with tons of volume. I guess when they cooled down, the heavy presence died and the darkness came.

I mean it is either that or @RedB4Black snuck in and sprayed my speakers down. This shit has been happening lately, goddamn it
I figured since you are just north of me and i had a spare case off Dasani I'd stop by while you was at work and help a brother out. You are welcome my man. Sorry if I geeked up your dead bolt getting in but I figured thst was part of the break in process.

But for real that's great news. Wish I could get my Paul Franklin's broke in. They must've doped them with bitumen cause they still aren't there yet. They sound real good at lower volumes, buttery and rich, but pretty stiff and sterile when I crank on em. I figure at 350 watts each it will take a while yet though I doubt they will ever sound as good as my k120/force12 combo.

I figured since you are just north of me and i had a spare case off Dasani I'd stop by while you was at work and help a brother out. You are welcome my man. Sorry if I geeked up your dead bolt getting in but I figured thst was part of the break in process.

But for real that's great news. Wish I could get my Paul Franklin's broke in. They must've doped them with bitumen cause they still aren't there yet. They sound real good at lower volumes, buttery and rich, but pretty stiff and sterile when I crank on em. I figure at 350 watts each it will take a while yet though I doubt they will ever sound as good as my k120/force12 combo.

FWIW my EV12L took forever to break in too. I think that just comes with the territory for higher wattage handling speakers.

I was annoyed with my neighbors one day and played a couple riffs on my looper while I went to work, and that expedited the process

I fucking knew it!
Yeah. Well. Thing is now that they are broke in, i have to unfuck my eq. It was completely opposite of how i usually have it.

FWIW my EV12L took forever to break in too. I think that just comes with the territory for higher wattage handling speakers.

I was annoyed with my neighbors one day and played a couple riffs on my looper while I went to work, and that expedited the process
It was expected tbh. The idea was a lifetime set of speakers so I never need to buy another set. I've been using them in my 72 for low vol gigs which isn't speeding anything up it's just that if you heard how good the 69 sounds with the jbl/ev combo and tung sol tubes you'd understand why that is my loud rig right now That puppy just sings on top and is tight and punchy down low. I have never had a better sounding rig I don't think.

It was expected tbh. The idea was a lifetime set of speakers so I never need to buy another set. I've been using them in my 72 for low vol gigs which isn't speeding anything up it's just that if you heard how good the 69 sounds with the jbl/ev combo and tung sol tubes you'd understand why that is my loud rig right now That puppy just sings on top and is tight and punchy down low. I have never had a better sounding rig I don't think.

What I really want for my 12L cab is a vintage hiwatt, it's my favorite type of amp for that type of speaker

I wouldn't say no to a twin or something though

Back