Refinished a Les Paul Custom

• Thread starter Thread starter itsgoodnow
  • Start date Start date
I
itsgoodnow
Hey All,

I wanted to post to share my experience getting a Les Paul refinished. I had never sent a guitar out to be done and was nervous. I sent it to Pat Wilkins and had him take a spare LPC Axcess and shoot it to be like the ESP version of the Bill Kelliher Green burst. I also had it done in matte to match that guitar. Before it was shipped off I had Chris Fleming do a stainless jumbo fret job on it and black hardware/pickup swap swap. It came back absolutely stunning. The photos here do not do it justice. In person it looks identical to the pic I sent Pat (attached). The matte finish feels very very nice. It also feels more substantial somehow than other matte finishes I have had (the PRS core holcomb come to mind).

Anyway I wanted to put this out there to reassure anyone thinking about doing this process that it was super simple, Pat nailed it, and the turnaround time was only about a month. I have a couple extra Les Pauls hanging around I will send over to him.

What I asked Pat to do:
ESP-Bill-Kelliher-Eclipse-Military-Green-Sunburst-Satin-2017_02 (1).jpeg

What I got back:

IMG_0214.jpeg

IMG_4560.jpg

That looks incredible, I've heard he's really good. Been toying with the idea of sending a cheaper LP to have refinished, might go this route.

I'm a tough critic... that came out great, I like it. Congrats.

My ONE complaint.... the pickup height adjustment screws need to be black.
haha thanks! Totally. Those are getting swapped out for sure

Back