Rocktron/Egnater Vendetta .review

• Thread starter Thread starter gtr31
  • Start date Start date
G
gtr31
Well , I had just received this amp on Friday so I havent had a chance to put it through all the paces yet.
For those who dont know this is basically a 4 channel Midi controlled 100watt tube head ,Channel 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 share an eq however all 4 modes have seperate bright switches.
there is also a modern/ vintage switch on each channel which changes the mids cut /boost.
The amp really has tons of tones in it .It sounds great out of the box ,but you can really tweak the sound to your pref..
channel 1 in vintage mode (the darker of the 2 ) gives a fender tweed kinda Fat clean, in Modern. it more of a glassy Vox. Ch2 too my ears sounds best with single coils and gets a nice bluesy tone, or with humbuckers you can set it for just a little grit. Suffice to say the 1/2 does country/blues/60 Rnr and almost acoustic like shimmer depending on eq.
on to the gain channels
Ch3 in vintage mode is a lil scooped in the Mids , darker creamy and warm.with the gain about 6 and the bright switch on you have ACDC "highway to hell" all 70s tones Kiss, Free, as well as bluesy leads are all here.
the highest gain channel 4 adds a gain stage and will get you 80s rock and metal in spades, Priest ,Crue, def leppard. with the modern switch selected you get more of a low mid boost. very thick and punchy .
This amp kinda has characteristics of alot of the greats.
it has the VHT pick attack and clarity.
the MESA thickness and lo mid punch. but without the low end sludge
the Marshall roar and overall vibe but less brittle and biting in the highs a few reviews have called it Bogneresque and another close comparison to the HK triamp In fact the person I bought this from had the Triamp and basically had stated that hands down for 1/3 the price the vendetta hangs.
take into consideration you can put in any tube kt88, 6l6.5881 and it is all Midi switchable what more do you need .

Back