SAM ASH CLOSING ALL STORES

JohnnyGtar

https://www.facebook.com/SamAshMusicStores

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that all Sam Ash Music store locations will begin store closing sales today. This unfortunate news also presents a fantastic opportunity for great deals across our premium selection of musical instruments & pro sound equipment. We will also be offering specials on samash.com during this time. Thank you for allowing us to serve musicians like you for 100 years.

With much love and deep gratitude

The Ash Family

In the 70's and 80's the SAM ASH in Hempstead, NY was incredible. Fond memories of that place. the place was always stocked to the rafters. Like a kid in a candy store back then.

Man, back in the 80s and 90s the one in Edision was really cool. Lots of guitar clinics going on, rack gear everywhere...etc. Just a good vibe overall. They Acquired Mannys in the city, kept the name Mannys, and were right next door to Mannys. Guys would walk out of one looking for a better deal and not realize it was all the same shit.

I had no idea some Sam Ash stores were still open. Last one here in the northeast closed almost a decade ago

I bought my Gibson V at the one in Columbus 10-12 years ago. I talked the guy there today and he said they were closing for good in 90 days. Everything is 5% off as of now and the discount will continue to become higher every couple of weeks until they close for good. They have very little inventory as it is.

Damn, 100 years. Hate to see it. I guess it’s a cool history to have anything going that long. Surprised they didn’t sell to PE or something to get a boost of cash and try to remake themselves. But then again, I can see saying fuckit too

Haven't been to the one by me in awhile, but bought a few high end PRS's from them over the years.
They used to have a killer drum room that was the shit .

Oh well. They had a good run.

I was at the Hollywood one three weeks ago and it looked like it was on life support. Great sales going on, but nothing I really wanted. I was at the one in Phoenix today and there were no signs on the door about closing or sales. In fact, they'd had a 15% off everything sale for all of April, but stuff was back to full price today. Minutes after I walked out of there, I saw the announcement on FB that ALL stores were closing. There are a few guitars there I'd pounce on if they were selling them for stupid cheap, but I don't see that happening. The '77 Marshall 2204 I had my eye on last week was not there today.

Online guitar stores did them in. Sad to see them go but the way I was treated the final time I ever went into one it’s not surprising.

Their site says:

ALL SALES FINAL No Returns accepted for items purchased after 5/1/2024

Are they gonna shut down their Online store too?

Edit: Apparently they will, that's unfortunate.

Last edited:
In the 70's and 80's the SAM ASH in Hempstead, NY was incredible. Fond memories of that place. the place was always stocked to the rafters. Like a kid in a candy store back then.
Yessir --I lived on Long Island in the 60's and a trip to SamAsh was a real treat !!! We couldn't wait to go there !!

Shit, back in the 80's I spent a huge amount of time and money in the Paramus NJ store. So sad.
Bought a bunch of killer stuff from that store including my first anderson and a rand on blowout for some crazy amount like $900 LOL

Reactions: Geo
Back