Sanity check on VH4 stack wiring

• Thread starter Thread starter Ailean
  • Start date Start date
Ailean
Ailean
Hi all

Yesterday I got my pair of Diazel cabs. Woo HOO! (thanks Diezel!)

To set them up as a stack I plug them into the left hand vertical pair of output ports lablled '1x4Ohm 2x8Ohm' right?

The only thing that puzzles me is why the sound quieter then when I had the VH4 driving a single Orange 4x12 which is a 16Ohm cab. Is it becuase I've wired it up wrong or is it just because it's running at 4Ohms?

I know it's a n00b question but I don't want to blow my amp!

Attachments

• Photo0068.jpg
    Photo0068.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 172
The cabs are 8ohms cabinets correct? you should be running out of the 2X8 (like you are)

It sounded quieter out of the 1 Orange cab. Is that what u are saying?? If thats what u are saying..its probably the great cabinet design of the Diezels. Your wiring sounds correct to me.

Thanks Pauly, yeah the cabs are 8Ohm in mono.

No, what I'm saying is that the single Orange 4x12 cab was noticably louder than the stack of Diezel cabs, which I didn't expect.

Orange and Diezel. I now consider you a friend. :)

Your wiring is correct. As for the volume, I'm not sure. Do you have higher wattage speakers in the Diezel cabs? It takes alot more power to push higher wattage speakers and especially more of them. That could be the volume drop you're hearing. How about tone? Is it a huge improvement? I have an orange 4x12 and I love it...

The Orange is loaded with v30's and the Diezel cabs are a v30 and a hempcone. The hempocones are 40w each.

I haven't had that much time to play yet, and it's actually hard to do a direct comparison because we've had to re-centre the EQ's as the sound dynamic is very different, and so far we've only used them in a stack and not one at a time. The initial signs are good though :) Gotta dial in the sweet spots on the EQ.

Back