Seymour Duncan + EMG wiring

• Thread starter Thread starter vultures
  • Start date Start date
vultures
vultures
I have a Seymour Duncan Jazz and an EMG 81. I remember trying to wire them up together and it didn't really work out all too well. Did i need to use the old pots from my guitar instead of the ones that came with the EMG?

IIRC, you have to compromise your wiring.

You can run the original pots (250/500k) but they are hyper senstive for your EMG. As in it will either be on or off almost. If you use the EMG pots (25k), it will screw up the high end of the passive, and the gain.

Of those two options, i would run the original pots. However...

When i looked into it, EMG recommended getting one of there booster circuits (PA-2?) and running on the passive pickup only, and use the EMG pots.

Hmm, what if I was to disconnect the tone pot from the EMG, and connect the Duncan to a Seperate Volume pot and that Tone pot? Think that would work out right?

Edit; I've already had the tone disconnected from the EMG, should I use the EMG's tone pot for the Duncan, or the original one for the Duncan?

If you run the EMG through the EMG pots, and the Seymour through the stock pots I dont forsee a problem, but i havent tried it and im no expert..

Is there going to be a different in output between the Seymour and the EMG do you think??

I dont even know where to begin how to wire this.. I got frustrated and gave up :(

Back