Slash!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tone Monster
  • Start date Start date
Slash is King! :worship_gray:

Lepoque-ou-BB-King-portait-le-chapeau-de-Slash-sur.jpg

One of those guys with a signature tone within the higher gain area of the low gain spectrum… like evh, malmsteen and pre Soldano demartini

I'm going to get attacked for this...But I don't love his playing and his songwriting isn't great. There's a reason GNR started to fail when they ran out of Izzy Stradlin riffs.

If someone said he’s the greatest rock guitarist ever, id have no argument against. I think the Mt Rushmore is jimi, jimmy, Edward and him
I agree with slash being the greatest , he’s probable one of the most
I'm going to get attacked for this...But I don't love his playing and his songwriting isn't great. There's a reason GNR started to fail when they ran out of Izzy Stradlin riffs.
I love slash . How could you say this lol

Unique style and very good when he takes his time at crafting his lead parts. Relies heavily on bending to the correct note which can back fire live sometimes when he is/was wasted. Not the cleanest player but always had a great vibe. I find he over plays live for his skill level but I am a huge fan of his early work. I don't have him in my top 10 though.

One of my heroes for sure. Seeing him live for the first time was an experience.

I always thought it was funny how his live and studio sounds were completely different. Studio, very brash and brittle and snarly. Live, super warm and fat and chewy.

Supposedly the first Slash Snakepit album was material he wrote for GnR but Axl wasn’t interested . Apparently he felt the same way

Interesting.. that Snakepit album was good. Big sounding and greasy rock. I've always felt Axl is more of a melodic/ epic song writer. Those Illusion albums have his preferences all over them, some cool stuff but not for every song. I felt UYI 1 and 2 were big let downs after Appetite and that might also have been because Steven and no Izzy weren't there as well.

Slash is a great 70s inspired type classic rock guitar player. Mt Rushmore? Not for me. His best playing was on Appetite for me. I lost interest after that record. Illusion albums were far too bloated for me and grandiose. I felt like they lost their way and got too far away from what they were great at.

Back