So I just installed NOS Siemens EL34's in my JVM...

killertone

...and it made a great amp even better. Well worth the dough I spent and they will last me forever because of their build quality. The main thing I heard is the bottom end got even tighter. It was already pretty damn tight but now it's nun's c*nt tight. :lol: The clean tone is also a little warmer. I like the green mode on the clean channel and since there is no master vol. in that mode, these tubes really work well there. All in all, a great purchase. Got a kickass deal as well. I recommend them for all JVM owners, and really any EL34 based amp. :thumbsup:

As soon as my production schedule eases up I will make some clips! :)

:|::QBB:
ratter":6add2 said:
Got a kickass deal from... where? :)
Bryan from Tone Components in CA. I looked around and everyone wanted about $300/quad. I paid $140 shipped. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Siemens-EL34-Tubes-Matched-Quad-RFT-Telefunken_W0QQitemZ160104010143QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43375QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've bought a ton of tubes from Bryan, including about 5 quads of those Siemens. Great guy and great products.

I just got a JVM this morning, but I'm not going to have time to mess with it until tomorrow. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

killertone":97621 said:
...and it made a great amp even better. Well worth the dough I spent and they will last me forever because of their build quality. The main thing I heard is the bottom end got even tighter. It was already pretty damn tight but now it's nun's c*nt tight. :lol: The clean tone is also a little warmer. I like the green mode on the clean channel and since there is no master vol. in that mode, these tubes really work well there. All in all, a great purchase. Got a kickass deal as well. I recommend them for all JVM owners, and really any EL34 based amp. :thumbsup:

As soon as my production schedule eases up I will make some clips! :)

Did you just pop them in or did you put them in and then re-bias the amp?

Capulin Overdrive":96ca7 said:
can buy them from MESABOOGIE for $70 a pair.
No you can't, I live about 2 miles away from the Mesa rep for all of Texas and he says they have no more, unless he lied to me. :cry: ;)

killertone":2168b said:
No you can't, I live about 2 miles away from the Mesa rep for all of Texas and he says they have no more, unless he lied to me. :cry: ;)

I've heard that elsewhere too....yet they are still for sale in the online store.

killertone":b17d2 said:

I've heard that elsewhere too....yet they are still for sale in the online store.

JKD":b7a12 said:

Yeah, I saw that so I asked him but he said they weren't available. That was a couple months ago though. Maybe they got some more in? If so, I am surprised they are still selling them for that price.

Back