So I just installed "Power Dampening" in my Super Bass....lol...

ratter

I'm lol'ing because I'm such an electronics retard and even I can't believe what a big deal was made of such a simple thing...Kudos to BrentSP and Dave Friedman and some others who uncovered this mod.

Took me about 20 minutes to install. And lo and behold it works!

I need to do some more a/b comparisons with my Hotplate but it is certainly an interesting mod and easy enough that anybody can do it.

If you've got an old Marshall and use a hotplate just to take the edge off, this could save you about $200...

At low-low volumes, it's going to be a closer call, I think...

Yeah, I'll try to get a clip together at some point. I think with a hotplate, it might be redundant though, so I don't know if I'll keep it. Like the hotplate, as you start to dial it down initially, it's pretty transparent. But the PD starts to get thinner (not necessarily a bad thing on a Super Bass) as you get very low. Thinner and harder sounding.

I mainly did it to start to build up my courage to do some more tonal mods...

:|::QBB:
The Big Snit":5060b said:
:|::QBB:I hear he lives in a small village with menanites.
Lots of virgins.

Is there a river? The long boat has low drag... we can sneak up on them... rape and pillage to our hearts content.

:|::QBB:
The Big Snit":dfe42 said:
:|::QBB:Well with your new buffed body...we can use you as a lure...I'll chase down the ones that get away. :D

LOL! :D
I'll have to wear a hood.. once they see my face they'll run away...

Back