So I Sold my Powerball for a Laney GH100L

• Thread starter Thread starter Distortion788
  • Start date Start date
Distortion788
Distortion788
Some of you will think I'm crazy I'm sure :P The main reason is that I'm going back to school and need money. The second reason is because I've grown up a bit and seem to enjoy more organic, vintage-ish sounding equipment. I have a bluesy-metal style and the Powerball just couldn't cut it for me (even though I did enjoy it for the year I owned it). Not to mention there were way too many tuning options (great for some, not for me, which I learned a few months after buying it). It seems as though the amp is voiced for people who will be down-tuning their guitars (which I suppose isn't surprising) but I never do. Maybe the occasional drop-D for a darker "chug" but other than that never.

I definitely got my use out of it, and one thing I will miss is its clean channel. Man it sounded great. Nice and chimey, crystal clear, absolutely no breakup, and very responsive to different guitars. The effects loop worked great too.

Anyone have any opinions? Good choice, bad choice, etc. I'm not asking to be flamed I just want opinions I know it is all personal preference and every ear is different, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think. I personally think I made a good decision.

If anyone has any recorded clips/first hand experience of/with a GH100L I would appreciate it also.

Thanks!

IF that is what your looking for that is all that matters.

What is the value of the Laney? I would think PBs are still going for around 1200-1300 now right?

Did you trade + cash? I'm under the impression that the Powerball is much more expencive than the GH100L, but it's a great amp non the less! Glad your happy mate.

I'll never slag on anyone for getting a Laney, no matter what they traded for it. They are great, under-appreciated amps. :thumbsup:

:|::QBB:
CaseyCor":e8404 said:
Did you trade + cash? I'm under the impression that the Powerball is much more expencive than the GH100L, but it's a great amp non the less! Glad your happy mate.
:|::QBB:
Digital Jams":e8404 said:
IF that is what your looking for that is all that matters.

What is the value of the Laney? I would think PBs are still going for around 1200-1300 now right?

Ha yea sorry guys typed that wrong. I got $1600 for the Powerball. I just fixed the thread title. Thanks for the input. I think I will love this amp for a long time :)

Back