Sold Pending Payment: Axe FX III Mk II

• Thread starter Thread starter itsgoodnow
  • Start date Start date
I
itsgoodnow
Hey all,

I am trying to free up funds for some more studio gear. Up for sale is a minty Axe FX II Mk II. Ships in original box. 1800 Shipped. Any questions, just ask.
Axe FX III.jpg

Hey there!

I see this is sold pending payment but, please let me know if something falls through because I'd like to buy this from you. I just sold my Axe Fx II XL+ this week and I'm wanting to jump up to an Axe Fx III MKII.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hey there!

I see this is sold pending payment but, please let me know if something falls through because I'd like to buy this from you. I just sold my Axe Fx II XL+ this week and I'm wanting to jump up to an Axe Fx III MKII.

Thanks for your consideration.
Sure thing. We are supposed to settle up this weekend. If it falls through I’ll let you know right away. I had an XL+ and thought this was a noticeable improvement.

Sure thing. We are supposed to settle up this weekend. If it falls through I’ll let you know right away. I had an XL+ and thought this was a noticeable improvement.
Yeah, that's what I'm now hearing as well. I've spent a good amount of time with my bandmates Axe Fx III and, honestly, it wasn't until one of the firmwares we installed last year that I heard the III take a significant jump sonically over the II family. Now, of course, it has gotten even better with the last couple of firmware updates.

Honestly, the biggest things that are driving me to move up to the III is 1) the Scene Midi block - which I can use to send midi commands to other pieces of gear - namely my RJM RG-16 audio switcher and tube amp heads and 2) the additional inputs and outputs the III has will allow me to simplify my rig a bit as well. Oh, and 3) even though the III is a 3 space unit, it is much less deep than the II family and that will allow me to use a more shallow rack depth which, for fly gigs will really help.

Yeah, that's what I'm now hearing as well. I've spent a good amount of time with my bandmates Axe Fx III and, honestly, it wasn't until one of the firmwares we installed last year that I heard the III take a significant jump sonically over the II family. Now, of course, it has gotten even better with the last couple of firmware updates.

Honestly, the biggest things that are driving me to move up to the III is 1) the Scene Midi block - which I can use to send midi commands to other pieces of gear - namely my RJM RG-16 audio switcher and tube amp heads and 2) the additional inputs and outputs the III has will allow me to simplify my rig a bit as well. Oh, and 3) even though the III is a 3 space unit, it is much less deep than the II family and that will allow me to use a more shallow rack depth which, for fly gigs will really help.
Couldn’t agree more. The similar firmware’s didn’t make that big of a difference, then it took off. The hardware capabilities and smaller footprint in depth also really help a lot. If you’re running multiple external sources it makes too much sense. I’m also somehow regressing back into pure hardware preamps and have complex switching systems. But I’m also not playing out. For being able to be an all in one work horse for live (and integrating other items) it’s a no brainer.

Couldn’t agree more. The similar firmware’s didn’t make that big of a difference, then it took off. The hardware capabilities and smaller footprint in depth also really help a lot. If you’re running multiple external sources it makes too much sense. I’m also somehow regressing back into pure hardware preamps and have complex switching systems. But I’m also not playing out. For being able to be an all in one work horse for live (and integrating other items) it’s a no brainer.
hahaa!!! Man, I'm doing the same thing!

I'm still using an Axe Fx for writing/recording/ and gigging but, I've got my tube amps, classic rack effects, and audio switchers. I'm about to buy a VHT 2/90/2 poweramp from a good friend of mine in the next week or so, just waiting for him to get back from vacation.

I've been using a Matrix GT800 with the Axe Fx II for live gigs and rehearsals and it's good at what it does, but tone-wise I still prefer a good tube stereo power amp.

Back