Soldano SLO100 - 6 Months in, Youtube Clips

• Thread starter Thread starter LPMojoGL
  • Start date Start date
LPMojoGL
LPMojoGL
Been loving this amp Since Dec 30, 2022.
I've had the pre BAD model, more than once. The newer BAD model suits me better. Really dig it.
To show how versatile it is...here are some of my Youtube postings with the amp. I don't make $, just for fun. For every Youtube posting, I have at least 3x as many phone and home studio recordings.
Hope you dig em, and it helps if you're on the fence about his most killer, King of Amps.
Gonna be more than one post.

Trying to get better at some fast, harmonized runs:

With a Neon Egg into the clean channel:

ES335 greatness:
Crunch and lead channels:

More ES335:
Bluesy for all you tan shorts wearing dude, which I happen to have on, at the moment:

Chugs for the metal heads:

Came home and played this right after a funeral of a friend gone too soon, special person. If anyone could have made the most of old age, it was her:

Fun with an SG and Strymon DIG:

2007 Silverburst Gibson Les Paul:

Charvel Parstcaster (better than your MIM and USA model):

First video I made with it, day I got it home, celebratory drinks were had:

For a moment I thought “what, no metal?”

Then I scrolled down and found peace. Cool sounds! Love mine too.

Thanks for all the clips. Checked out 3 or 4 of them cursorily.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

That amp really fits your playing and tonal pallet. You’d be hard pressed to find something that can cover as much ground and do it all amazingly.

Before I got my XTC I was between a SLO and an XTC decision wise. I remember playing an older SLO ages ago and it wasn’t as inspiring to me as I thought it would be - it just felt under my fingers like a better built 5150 that was slightly better at everything including low volume playing. My XTC when boosted on the blue channel is one of those amps I can jam on and play for hours - I’ve honestly never felt as inspired to play or write with any other amp. The only amp I want to try next is a diezel Herbert only because I’ve never played one and always wanted to see if I could dial one in to my preferences.

Thanks for sharing all that you can do with the SLO. They’re badass amps. I think everyone should have a SLO or 5150 style amp in their arsenal - it will make a great player out of you since there’s nothing you can hide behind.

That amp really fits your playing and tonal pallet. You’d be hard pressed to find something that can cover as much ground and do it all amazingly.

Before I got my XTC I was between a SLO and an XTC decision wise. I remember playing an older SLO ages ago and it wasn’t as inspiring to me as I thought it would be - it just felt under my fingers like a better built 5150 that was slightly better at everything including low volume playing. My XTC when boosted on the blue channel is one of those amps I can jam on and play for hours - I’ve honestly never felt as inspired to play or write with any other amp. The only amp I want to try next is a diezel Herbert only because I’ve never played one and always wanted to see if I could dial one in to my preferences.

Thanks for sharing all that you can do with the SLO. They’re badass amps. I think everyone should have a SLO or 5150 style amp in their arsenal - it will make a great player out of you since there’s nothing you can hide behind.
I had a 20th XTC, and about every other Bogner. Great amps. They always felt covered up, slow attack to me. So close to perfection. Then one day my Shiva blew a fuse while playing with a band. I plugged into a sf Bassman and hit it with a TS. Sounded so much better, that Shiva was sold in a week. I love what Justin Derrico does with his Bogners.
The SLO does fit me better. Soldano was my first dream amp. And the first thing I bought when I could afford it. After going thru many, having this SLO is like coming home.

I had a 20th XTC, and about every other Bogner. Great amps. They always felt covered up, slow attack to me. So close to perfection. Then one day my Shiva blew a fuse while playing with a band. I plugged into a sf Bassman and hit it with a TS. Sounded so much better, that Shiva was sold in a week. I love what Justin Derrico does with his Bogners.
The SLO does fit me better. Soldano was my first dream amp. And the first thing I bought when I could afford it. After going thru many, having this SLO is like coming home.

I totally get it. My playing style fits the boosted blue channel Bogner more. I have to say I prefer the more aggressive Mercury magnetics iron XTC over other models. I don’t feel my amp has a blanket at all - I crank the presence and crack the treble around 2, mids jacked, bass jacked. Amp fucks hard. I do know what you speak of and other models to exhibit it. To me that would also drive me nuts - to have that core tone there and be covered by a blanket you can’t dial out. The MM models can remove it.

I do agree they aren’t as surgical as a SLO but honestly I don’t want surgical in a Bogner, I like what it does to your playing and gives you something juicy you can sink your picking hand into. I wanted surgical whitesnake to compliment my Marshall collection (XTC included) and went Mesa mark series. I’d never use a mark for solos but it slays at everything metal. I guess I have to have a few different amps to get what I’m looking for but between them all it’s a great compliment and nails a lot of tones I idolize.

Next I need some cabinets. EVM12-L and V30s

Back