Someone help... Why... WHY is a SUHR 150K on reverb.

reignman454

It's since been "taken down" or sold however, .. the question remains. Perhaps this will turn into a wrong answers only thread... maybe someone will enlighten me.

(I believe it was a 68)

Just signed up after lurking this forum thought I’d reply here for no compelling reason. I don’t have an answer for that particular event. But I consistently notice way high prices (but not that high!) for gear posted on Reverb from sellers in Europe and Japan in particular. In those cases I wonder if the price is automatically generated by reverb attempting to build in duty tax or if there’s just a mistake in in an algorithm somewhere. I always mean to ask a seller if they realize the price is in many cases double or more the average price in the us.

Just signed up after lurking this forum thought I’d reply here for no compelling reason. I don’t have an answer for that particular event. But I consistently notice way high prices (but not that high!) for gear posted on Reverb from sellers in Europe and Japan in particular. In those cases I wonder if the price is automatically generated by reverb attempting to build in duty tax or if there’s just a mistake in in an algorithm somewhere. I always mean to ask a seller if they realize the price is in many cases double or more the average price in the us.
I found a Gretsch on there in Japan that, when I went to the store’s site, it was considerably cheaper. I just got it directly from them. With shipping and some duty, it was still less than what it was on a reverb for plus shipping.

Back