Something tells me this crowd won't dig this guitar much...lol

• Thread starter Thread starter GearGasms
  • Start date Start date
GearGasms
GearGasms
Doctor Love
I kinda like Shell Pink when it comes to Fenders. I have a Shell Pink Telecaster and Stratocaster. But when my friends at Earle Teat Music in Delmar, Delaware let me know they were getting a 70th Anniversary Thinline Strat and Tele in a peekaboo Shell Pink translucent finish over an ash body, I said that I have to do this Thinline Tele, because I've never played one! Do you like Tortoise shell pickguards? We've got you covered, lol.
This thing is a weird and wonderful, beautiful beast. And don't get fooled by the soft color - this Telecaster does bite.
My channel bites too, but not in a good way. Happy Friday and Celebrate Mediocrity!
alan

I kinda like Shell Pink when it comes to Fenders. I have a Shell Pink Telecaster and Stratocaster. But when my friends at Earle Teat Music in Delmar, Delaware let me know they were getting a 70th Anniversary Thinline Strat and Tele in a peekaboo Shell Pink translucent finish over an ash body, I said that I have to do this Thinline Tele, because I've never played one! Do you like Tortoise shell pickguards? We've got you covered, lol.
This thing is a weird and wonderful, beautiful beast. And don't get fooled by the soft color - this Telecaster does bite.
My channel bites too, but not in a good way. Happy Friday and Celebrate Mediocrity!
alan

Nah, you're talking to the king of weird colors. My favorite color for the last couple years has been salmon pink and peach. I like the pastels and spring colors because when I was younger it was alpt of blacks, darker greens and browns. Kinda embracing the weirder colors I guess.

Anyway, I'd love this tele!

I think its awesome....My Thinline Mutt has been my gig go to prob 25 shows deep now, love that guitar, but it also looks like this :ROFLMAO:

Only thing I'm not a fan of on that Fender is the pickguard and the cutoff lower horn....WTF were they thinking? No flow...I fixed that with a custom guard from Quickguards
Pimpy Tele.jpeg

This says it all...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240816-150948_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240816-150948_YouTube.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 42
Something keeps throwing me with the new 'tortoise shell' styled guards. Like there is too much imitated motion on them. My older American Strat pickguard had a cleaner look than the several ts guards I have owned in more recent years.

I think its awesome....My Thinline Mutt has been my gig go to prob 25 shows deep now, love that guitar, but it also looks like this :ROFLMAO:

Only thing I'm not a fan of on that Fender is the pickguard and the cutoff lower horn....WTF were they thinking? No flow...I fixed that with a custom guard from QuickguardsView attachment 332499
Agree that the full pickguard on the horn looks better!

Something keeps throwing me with the new 'tortoise shell' styled guards. Like there is too much imitated motion on them. My older American Strat pickguard had a cleaner look than the several ts guards I have owned in more recent years.
Yeah this is Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortoise shell

Then you must hate RT !🤣
Quite the opposite. There aren't really that many of us f hole guys left tbh except for talkers on gay page. Did you make it home safe from vacation? I still like the guitar in Alan's demo I just think he went a little too mediocre with the chrome hardware. That should've been gold and it should've had a neck humbucker in there. Call me mary kay vance, it's all good brougham, lol. What guitar did you buy in Nashville? :LOL:

Back