Suhr Modern(Blackouts)/Gibson LP(Passives) into OD100 Video

• Thread starter Thread starter Mark Day
  • Start date Start date
Mark Day
Mark Day
Here is a comparsion video with my new Modern(Duncan AHB1 Blackouts) and a Gibson LP with passive stock pickups. It's my stepson's LP and it was the year before Burstbuckers were available, that's all I know..lol.

This time I placed the Edirol about 8 ft away from the speaker cab.
Cleans, crunches, rhythms and solo tones on each through the OD100.

When I get back from NAMM the OD will have the Whomp II. I'll do a comparsion vid between the 2 versions.

I'm loving the Modern, what a classy instrument....I almost don't want to go to NAMM without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPhgH2OgUok&fmt=22

Mark

those tones are just awesome!!! I liked the Suhr the best!! thanks for this video mark!

GREAT video!! Love the tones you get with your OD-100. Would like to try a set of those Duncan Blackouts.

:thumbsup:

wow mark, that sounds swesome! I liked ALL THREE, the LP copy sounds very full too.

that CAA sounds VERY mean, two channels?

Joeytpg":3r39qz8r said:
wow mark, that sounds swesome! I liked ALL THREE, the LP copy sounds very full too.

that CAA sounds VERY mean, two channels?

2 Channels, Ch 2 has a switchable Boost which adds more gain. They can be ordered with 2 separate gain and vol controls on Ch2 that can be switchable...shared EQ for that option on Ch2..ch2 remains separate with separate EQ.

Makr

Mark can make anything sound good :D Even stock gibson pickups :lol: :LOL: kidding:kidding

Looks and sounds like you corked your Suhr headstock on the desk. Careful with that thing damnit!!! :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

crwnedblasphemy":38i9wkit said:
Looks and sounds like you corked your Suhr headstock on the desk. Careful with that thing damnit!!! :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Geezus, I did,didn't I? :doh:

Mark

Hey Mark, were you able to just slide the Blackouts in your guitar....I see most moderns have a v-shape where the mounting screws go for the pickups. Or did you alter the square mounting part of the blackouts?
Cuz I don't know if I could throw a set in my ibanez? It has the same V-shape.

crwnedblasphemy":1oqk7k4t said:
Hey Mark, were you able to just slide the Blackouts in your guitar....I see most moderns have a v-shape where the mounting screws go for the pickups. Or did you alter the square mounting part of the blackouts?
Cuz I don't know if I could throw a set in my ibanez? It has the same V-shape.

The Blackouts were installed at the Suhr Factory...they did a custom route.

Mark

Do blackouts have a scooped tone, or are they pretty even?

Back